advertisement

FACT 12 anyone heard it ?

Disbeliever

pfm Member
Does it sound any better than the Fact 8 which in my opinion is extremely poor especially for the price. The Fact 12 review in November HFN & RR I find totally meaningless as a speaker that retailed for well under £2K got the same SQ rating 85% ?

Why do you care? Do you fancy some? if so go have a listen.
The SQ ratings have to be taken in context, ie they only apply in comparison to similar priced products, in this case speakers.

Cheers.

Does it sound any better than the Fact 8 which in my opinion is extremely poor especially for the price. The Fact 12 review in November HFN & RR I find totally meaningless as a speaker that retailed for well under £2K got the same SQ rating 85% ?
I heard them with a Devialet: possibly the best sounding system I've ever heard. :rolleyes:

What you still on this trip ? Didn't we do this all at length in a previous thread...

You have some agenda against PMC ? Or at least the FACT8... Or just a Troll ?

You don't like Fact8 ok, get over it, they are not not poor performing period. I seem to remember you have a particular taste in how a speaker should sound, which doesn't make you an authority to constantly proclaim any product is extremely poor sounding.

Why not get off your butt and arrange a demo of the 12's I'm sure it will give you loads of ammo to write loads more posting claiming how crap they are to. :rolleyes:

You should find some at whittlebury this weekend, I'll let you know how they sound after I return, I'm sure PMC won't have invented a new house sound so don't get your hopes up.

What you still on this trip ? Didn't we do this all at length in a previous thread...

You have some agenda against PMC ? Or at least the FACT8... Or just a Troll ?

You don't like Fact8 ok, get over it, they are not not poor performing period. I seem to remember you have a particular taste in how a speaker should sound, which doesn't make you an authority to constantly proclaim any product is extremely poor sounding.

Why not get off your butt and arrange a demo of the 12's I'm sure it will give you loads of ammo to write loads more posting claiming how crap they are to. :rolleyes:

You should find some at whittlebury this weekend, I'll let you know how they sound after I return, I'm sure PMC won't have invented a new house sound so don't get your hopes up.

Jem Hayward on P.2 also does not like the Fact 8 IMO a total rip=off, sewo3 on P.3 also does not like them, thats a Fact he says.

If the Fact 8 is a total rip-off and sounds awful, why on earth would you care what a Fact 12 sounds like ? You don't seem to be interested in buying any. I don't understand the point of your thread, unless you have another agenda.

If the Fact 8 is a total rip-off and sounds awful, why on earth would you care what a Fact 12 sounds like ? You don't seem to be interested in buying any. I don't understand the point of your thread, unless you have another agenda.

Just interested in how PMC get such an outrageous price for a crap speaker I ass ume the Fact 12 will be better but for nearly £12K IMO another rip-off. They look good thats all .people are unfortunately misled by the reviews. Why are you so uptight do you own a PMC ?

Why don't you just title your post as "FACT 8's are rubbish and a rip off ..can someone post something negative about FACT 12's so I have ammo to slag em off some more .. please run with Devialet amps if possible"

So you and 2 or 3 others found them not your taste, so that make you all knowing expert on speaker design and sound ???? You are a troll! and need to get a life to put it bluntly.

There are many speakers I would choose not to buy! as they are not to my TASTE, or suit MY system? Doesn't make them bad or over priced.

I actually didn't read reviews on the 8's before buying them, they were still quite new out at the time... I did listen to about 10 other speakers in comparison, for the record. The final 3 came down to kudos, AudioVector and the FACTs...
Where you hear lean, I hear boom and and bass overhang and boxyness in many designs. Which the 8's are largely clear of, plus there mid range in female vocal was stunning, perhaps because they are a little forward, a good thing in my view..... So when partnered with Linn equipment they worked well, as they did with Rega... But not with Naim 500 series which was too aggressive and yes over lean.
System and room matching, as always is vital with any brand.

No idea what your agenda is, but it's tiresome and pointless, PMC aren't going to give you a pair to shut you up LOL :p

There is not much on the web about your beloved Focalstage speakers, apart from a pretty poor 3 star review of one floorstander in WHF something about being somewhat shouty with uneven tonal balance

So you and 2 or 3 others found them not your taste, so that make you all knowing expert on speaker design and sound ???? You are a troll! and need to get a life to put it bluntly.

There are many speakers I would choose not to buy! as they are not to my TASTE, or suit MY system? Doesn't make them bad or over priced.

I actually didn't read reviews on the 8's before buying them, they were still quite new out at the time... I did listen to about 10 other speakers in comparison, for the record. The final 3 came down to kudos, AudioVector and the FACTs...
Where you hear lean, I hear boom and and bass overhang and boxyness in many designs. Which the 8's are largely clear of, plus there mid range in female vocal was stunning, perhaps because they are a little forward, a good thing in my view..... So when partnered with Linn equipment they worked well, as they did with Rega... But not with Naim 500 series which was too aggressive and yes over lean.
System and room matching, as always is vital with any brand.

No idea what your agenda is, but it's tiresome and pointless, PMC aren't going to give you a pair to shut you up LOL :p

I should have taken Carnegies advice Never criticize LOL

There is not much on the web about your beloved Focalstage speakers, apart from a pretty poor 3 star review of one floorstander in WHF

Acoustic Insight is a one man operation with no marketing muscle, in this totally corrupt world. however the speakers are excellent, I find them far superior to PMC Fact 8 at less than half the price.

At the recent Signals Show in Ipswich I happened to find myself listening to a pair. I've never really cared much for PMC speakers but these did sound very good indeed and I was suitably impressed, with the usual caveat that they were being used in a less than ideal environment.

They were being supplied by some Naim kit (sorry, didn't pay much attention to the exact system). My previous favourites for passive speakers in this price range were Kudos Titans but I reckon these would be worth considering via a home demo for comparison.

At the recent Signals Show in Ipswich I happened to find myself listening to a pair. I've never really cared much for PMC speakers but these did sound very good indeed and I was suitably impressed, with the usual caveat that they were being used in a less than ideal environment.

They were being supplied by some Naim kit (sorry, didn't pay much attention to the exact system). My previous favourites for passive speakers in this price range were Kudos Titans but I reckon these would be worth considering via a home demo for comparison.

Fact 8 or Fact 12 ?

Sorry, Fact 12 as per title of thread.

for £12K it should be a lot better than the 8 Never heard of the Kudos but they are also very expensive. I am more interested in excellent sound that can be obtained for £2.5 K which both the Aurousal VSx & the latest Focalstage Floorstander can deliver. and they do not dominate the room.Apart from possibly having a very much larger room I can see no point in paying anymore. My room is 26ft X 12.5 ft. Now listening to CD review and the sound IMO could not be better irrespective of more expensive speakers or amps being used.I know because have auditioned in my room far more expensive equipment including the much hyped Devialet 170. As Purite rightly says we are mainly listening to the room acoustic.

I assumed you were interested in these speakers. If so, they're worth auditioning at home, along with the Kudos for comparison.

I assumed you were interested in these speakers. If so, they're worth auditioning at home, along with the Kudos for comparison.

Kudos ? IMO No speaker is worth the price of a new car. I enjoy the slim Aurousal VSx there is so little difference to the Focalstage ,I decided it was not worthwhile to make a change. I have owned expensive speakers in the past including top B & W models, IMF , KEF, custom made large TLS & Quad ELS-63.

for £12K it should be a lot better than the 8 Never heard of the Kudos but they are also very expensive. I am more interested in excellent sound that can be obtained for £2.5 K which both the Aurousal VSx & the latest Focalstage Floorstander can deliver. and they do not dominate the room.Apart from possibly having a very much larger room I can see no point in paying anymore. My room is 26ft X 12.5 ft. Now listening to CD review and the sound IMO could not be better irrespective of more expensive speakers or amps being used.I know because have auditioned in my room far more expensive equipment including the much hyped Devialet 170. As Purite rightly says we are mainly listening to the room acoustic.

If your more interested in excellent sound that can obtained for 2.5k why are you asking about a 12k set of speakers that you have no intention of auditioning or buying especially as you already think that sound in your room cannot be bettered irrespective of more expensive speakers or amps being used.
Is it just to promote Aurousal and Focal at any opportunity?

advertisement

Back