advertisement

Facebook marketplace and cheap amps....

Well , it's sold now, and worth a punt for £20. However the photo shows that a kettle lead would be required.

He doesn't have a kettle? :rolleyes:

thanks for comments everyone, and I did ask him if he had a kettle lead! (he dodged the question). I was surprised to see it had sold - it wasn't sold to me, we had 5 messenger exchanges, responses all within 10 mins, I said I'd take it and asked about arranging delivery (he'd already agreed to courier) and then he didn't respond.

To say it's sold is not strictly true. He put it on Facebook at the same time that he put it on ebay. It's still live. I suspect he thinks he might get more for it on ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/26536614...d=link&campid=5338728743&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

I'm no longer interested and would warn others off too. He told me it hadn't been used in 20 years and he didn't know if it worked. At £20 this is fine but he's made no mention of it being untested on the ebay ad and if it goes for £100 to an unsuspecting buyer, that's disingenous to put it politely.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
thanks for comments everyone, and I did ask him if he had a kettle lead! (he dodged the question). I was surprised to see it had sold - it wasn't sold to me, we had 5 messenger exchanges, responses all within 10 mins, I said I'd take it and asked about arranging delivery (he'd already agreed to courier) and then he didn't respond.

To say it's sold is not strictly true. He put it on Facebook at the same time that he put it on ebay. It's still live. I suspect he thinks he might get more for it on ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/26536614...d=link&campid=5338728743&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

I'm no longer interested and would warn others off too. He told me it hadn't been used in 20 years and he didn't know if it worked. At £20 this is fine but he's made no mention of it being untested on the ebay ad and if it goes for £100 to an unsuspecting buyer, that's disingenous to put it politely.

It'll just come back to him if it dosent work and at his cost on eBay...Keep an eye on it, you might get it for the same dollar!

Tbf, my kettle dosen't use an IEC...

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
It'll just come back to him if it dosent work and at his cost on eBay...Keep an eye on it, you might get it for the same dollar!

Tbf, my kettle dosen't use an IEC...

The 'default' description that e-bay puts on it (when you ascribe something as 'used') is "Used: An item that has been previously used. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended."

that does suggest that if it doesn't work you can send it straight back and that the buyer is therefore fully protected. Is that what you mean? If this is the case I'd be inclined to agree you've got a good point with the 'keep an eye on it!"

The 'default' description that e-bay puts on it (when you ascribe something as 'used') is "Used: An item that has been previously used. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended."

that does suggest that if it doesn't work you can send it straight back and that the buyer is therefore fully protected. Is that what you mean? If this is the case I'd be inclined to agree you've got a good point with the 'keep an eye on it!"

eBay has a free for all returns policy. Basically, even if you state 'Spares or repair' and categorically state in the description that the item is absolutely knackered, the buyer who purchases it can still open a return under 'not as described', and the only options the seller has is to either refund it and let the buyer keep the item, or pay for the return either by uploading their own returns label or buying one through eBay.

Basically, on eBay you try something, and if you don't like it, return it at no cost to yourself.

However, as you say, on a honest level, if it turns up and it dosent work, then of course you can return it at the sellers cost without any infringement on morals :)

You have to be careful with FB. State no negotiation.

You put 'collection only' in description. You put 'no negotiation'

You get replies 'how much to post' What is final asking price including delivery?'

Recently, I was inundated with identical replies. One in particular hustled to get something shipped (must go today etc) and offered bank transfer but the delivery location wasn't where the respondent was supposed to be located. The same weird location was requested earlier by someone else. I eventually deleted listing and re listed the following day.

Next day, identical messages to the previous day. 'ok hun' but from a totally different respondent in a different place. Both wanted delivery to the same place.
In fact I had 5, possibly 6 requests to ship to exactly the same specific area of Milton Keynes, all allegedly different respondents!
All offered bank transfer, hence my original query about what can go wrong receiving bank transfers.

I had a similar thing through EBay where a buyer bought then tried to negotiate a different postage price as he said it was too expensive. I cancelled his win and stated no overseas sales. When I resisted the same person bid and won. Wouldn’t let it go! Some morons on EBay as well!

You put 'collection only' in description. You put 'no negotiation'

You get replies 'how much to post' What is final asking price including delivery?'

Recently, I was inundated with identical replies. One in particular hustled to get something shipped (must go today etc) and offered bank transfer but the delivery location wasn't where the respondent was supposed to be located. The same weird location was requested earlier by someone else. I eventually deleted listing and re listed the following day.

Next day, identical messages to the previous day. 'ok hun' but from a totally different respondent in a different place. Both wanted delivery to the same place.
In fact I had 5, possibly 6 requests to ship to exactly the same specific area of Milton Keynes, all allegedly different respondents!
All offered bank transfer, hence my original query about what can go wrong receiving bank transfers.
Funny I got messages about a bike on gumtree which all said ok Hun, must be the same person. I googled her phone number and found a gumtree ad warning she's a scammer.

advertisement

Back