advertisement

Exposure Pre-amp mods

Arkless Electronics

Trade: Amp design and repairs.
This was a commission to add MM phono to an MC equipped Exposure 17 pre amp. An MM board was first designed for it and built up after extensive measurements of the original Exposure MC board and RIAA stage proper to get the gain structure correct. The "Tape 1" input is re-purposed as MM in. A small relay directly between the MC board and RIAA is used to switch between the MM and MC board outputs and is controlled by a small toggle switch added to the rear panel.

CxO3Mxz.jpg

Et viola! MM and MC facilities selectable by rear panel toggle switch. As good an example as any of the "if you can imagine it" modifications available from Arkless Electronics.

It sounds very nice, and the option to choose between the stages is a gift at the price imo, no extra box and cables etc.

Sorry Jez I have been a bit busy but I’ll get the review of the other work you done for me (and a few words regarding this pre) in the next day or so in the Audio Room.

Choice Is great.

It sounds very nice, and the option to choose between the stages is a gift at the price imo, no extra box and cables etc.

Sorry Jez I have been a bit busy but I’ll get the review of the other work you done for me (and a few words regarding this pre) in the next day or so in the Audio Room.

Choice Is great.

Cheers I'll forward to reading your more in depth findings:)

advertisement

Back