advertisement

Exhibitions worth catching

For those in the UK, this is a very cost effective exhibition (£5 gets you everywhere) and all the talks/workshops are very reasonably priced (Free/£10/£20), and hotels are cheap in Hull

I should be able to make it down for a day early in October. An opportunity for another pfm photo meet up?

I should be able to make it down for a day early in October. An opportunity for another pfm photo meet up?

That's certainly a possibility

The weekend of 6th/7th is when most of the photography stuff is happening, though the exhibitions carry on for the rest of the month.

I'm already booked on a Sat morning workshop, a early afternoon Saturday talk (Sean Tucker), I'm running a workshop Sat tea-time, booked onto another workshop Sun morning, and attending Mark Littlejohn's talk on Sunday afternoon, time will be tight!!!

I saw McCullin's show at Hausser & Worth in Bruton two or three years ago. Pretty hard hitting. The prints are breathtaking.

Do not forget
London Art Fair 2019
Business Design Centre, Upper Street, Islington, London, N1 0QH

I believe there is a photo exhibition in this years show. Apart frm that you can get inspiration from other people art.

I've seen a few shows recently: the McCullum on a very busy day - we shuffled round like a queue at a soviet leaders funeral. Quite difficult to really enjoy the pictures - and I'd pre booked to avoid such an experience. I then watched the documentary on his photos of England and wanted to revisit at a quieter time. I then went to see the Arbus photos at The Hayward . I know these really well from the Aperture edition which O bought in the early 80s and, sadly, the way they were curated didn't add much. The photos that stood out were the best known Box of Ten Photographs set which are simply brilliant however they are presented.

This weekend I'm going to see the Martin Parr "More than Human" show, which I hope will be better than his rather disappointing Oxford pictures that I saw last year. Some friends have seen it and said it is very good indeed. Then, in a few weeks, going to Edinburgh and looking forward to catching the Francesca Woodman room at the Scottish National.

I think I'm seeing too may big shows - it's usually the smaller, less well known exhibitions that really blow me away. I've got to start hunting out more of these.

Kevin

That'll be the one.

but More Than Human might be more interesting!

Are the any good exhibitions on in London at the moment?

I feel a need to exercise the “Old Buqqers’ Railcard”

advertisement

Back