advertisement

EWA pfm tour: ABCaudio demo kit

Hi all!

Doing reasonably well, all things considered. And Colin is a whole lot better now, which is a great relief on many levels. He had heart surgery a couple of weeks ago, which seems to have been a great success. I visited him last week and we had a grand (if fairly quiet) time. It seems he had been under the weather for quite some time, poor fella (many months, in fact).

My own treatment is going pretty well and I have an almost normal routine these days. So if anyone is interested in some demo gear, I can have a rummage and see what we have. The first and second posts in this thread have been updated accordingly.

Warm regards,

Alan

Hi all!

Doing reasonably well, all things considered. And Colin is a whole lot better now, which is a great relief on many levels. He had heart surgery a couple of weeks ago, which seems to have been a great success. I visited him last week and we had a grand (if fairly quiet) time. It seems he had been under the weather for quite some time, poor fella (many months, in fact).

My own treatment is going pretty well and I have an almost normal routine these days. So if anyone is interested in some demo gear, I can have a rummage and see what we have. The first and second posts in this thread have been updated accordingly.

Warm regards,

Alan

Hi Alan, it’s great your back in a good routine and super to know Colin is on the mend

Hi all!

Warm regards,

Alan

Hi Alan,

as previously I’d really appreciate to be able to try the LS40 cables and RCA interconnects, let me know how you want to know my details if you need them again

best regards Lloyd

Hello there, I would love to try LS-40 speaker cables and/or XLR interconnects if at all possible. Thanks

Last edited:
Happy to compile a new list next week, and see what we can do into January. Thank you, both those who posted here and those that messaged. I'll get back to you in a few days. :)
Hi Alan,

hope you are still doing well and getting back into the swing of things as January progresses

Happy to compile a new list next week, and see what we can do into January. Thank you, both those who posted here and those that messaged. I'll get back to you in a few days. :)
Hey Alan,

Hope all well.

Would love to try out some IC80 RCA/USB MCS80 if you have any ready. Or IC40 if not.

LS80 is even more fantastic than LS40 🙏🏻

Cheers
Adam

Hi all,
I have just today taken delivery of one of Colin's intriguing little EWA Q20 power amps purchase from Jake @lordmortlock so was wondering if anyone knows of a matching Q20-P pre amp available at sensible money, any information much apreciated
thanks - Ward.

Hi all,
I have just today taken delivery of one of Colin's intriguing little EWA Q20 power amps purchase from Jake @lordmortlock so was wondering if anyone knows of a matching Q20-P pre amp available at sensible money, any information much apreciated
thanks - Ward.
I've never seen one for sale second hand, but I've seen 3 or 4 power amps.

I first heard the Q20 pre/power right after Colin had built his prototype and they were brilliant, always been tempted to own them but never gotten around to it yet.

Just a word the new kit DIY products are about to be released and not via ABCaudio.
Power Amp 5W SECA, 15W baby AB and a 30W AB based on the Q20.
The complex part was to design a PCB that could do all 3 amps this reduced the R&D cost for PCB from Thousands to just £500.
Pre amps also soon easy build no SMD all leaded bit and standard chassis from the dreaded Amazon about £70 and not £200 + from a British company rip off. And with heatsinks nice to make, I built 3 in 2 days and my hands shake, and the pink things screams when the soldering iron hits them, yeeeooooo

Best Col

advertisement

Back