advertisement

EWA pfm tour: ABCaudio demo kit

Well, you'd have a least one ... I'd like to have tried it!!

No I have 3, my two sons have one each and Mr. Brown has borrowed Maria's one.
But I have re-thunked the idea and if I did make them I would do the changes , but this is a very expensive process tooling cost alone on multi layer PCB is a very costly exercise.
Let alone getting chassis made, crazy we gave all our UK skills away and we can thank Maggie for that.

Not grumpy just feeling odd.

Please forgive me today I had a weekend of passing out, due to ticker valve sticking, and needing a service, so I feel crap. (10yrs since last one)
So my writing may be worse then normal.

No I have 3, my two sons have one each and Mr. Brown has borrowed Maria's one.
But I have re-thunked the idea and if I did make them I would do the changes , but this is a very expensive process tooling cost alone on multi layer PCB is a very costly exercise.
Let alone getting chassis made, crazy we gave all our UK skills away and we can thank Maggie for that.
Well if you ever do make more, colour me interested. I'd love to have one.

Thanks to @CJ14 and @ABCaudio for the loan of the amp.
To get the best out of my Obs2, I tried Naim NAP135’s, NAP300DR and finally the 500DR and this little amp beat all of them. If I had tried the M-50 after my Naim disappointments and before I tried my current amp, I probably would of bought it and been very happy. The M-50 managed to do a great job of getting the bass/passive combination moving well and controlling the super tweeters. Ultimately, compared to my current amp, the M-50 gives a somewhat smaller soundstage, with less space around the instruments and slightly less clarity. But considering it’s size and how much it costs, it is an outstanding performer and for Shahinian owners, a great alternative now that DV amps are no longer available.
I would be very interested in hearing what the M-50’s bigger brother can do. @ABCaudio, are any of the 100 series on the loaner list?

Matfff,

Unfortunately the 100 series cost a hell of a lot to build and they are very heavy. So we build them to order, Alan will soon have two WB in his hands, but they cost even more to make and weigh a ton.
Coming soon there is a M40 much more complex with built in mains filter and detection circuits. in the same style as the M50 but dual Mono, and wider.
The drive stage run harder into A Class and the beast case temp is about 42C with a 24C ambient. It has also got balance in as standard, price we have not done the costing yet.

Auto sense switch ON Approx. 1W
Timer OFF no signal 60 Sec
Idle power 1W
Max mains power 250W
40W 8R, 80W 4R, 120W 2R .
Phono 22K
XLR 600R
Double mains filtering.
BW flat 10Hz - 200KHz

I have now made 3 for testing a bashing by me,( my favourite bit)

The EWACable goody box is now on their way to Luceo non uro who will hopefully receive them before 1 o,clock tomorrow.

Big thanks to ABC audio and CJ14 for the loan of these great cables.

Hi all, I’m trying to post these Ls80 cables to @Discopants and just been quoted £91 at the post office as they’re too heavy for Special delivery; when I scraped myself back off the floor, I told the nice lady that I’d try elsewhere.
Who has everyone else used?

Thanks,

Phil

P.s I’ll write my thoughts about the cables in more detail when I get a minute but I’ll say right now that I think they’re superb.

Hi all, I’m trying to post these Ls80 cables to @Discopants and just been quoted £91 at the post office as they’re too heavy for Special delivery; when I scraped myself back off the floor, I told the nice lady that I’d try elsewhere.
Who has everyone else used?

Thanks,

Phil

P.s I’ll write my thoughts about the cables in more detail when I get a minute but I’ll say right now that I think they’re superb.

Overland Express, Transglobal Express, Parcel2Go, ParcelMonkey etc, or DPD do direct booking now on their app, as do Parcelforce and DHL.

They all seem to hit the £90 mark when you add insurance, or have people been posting them without?

If you're insuring to full value, then yes, it could be that much. Most people don't insure them, it's the risk you take, if you lose them, you pay for them I would imagine, thats how I have been treating it.

The guy who sent me the box of IC's and mains cables sent it with Royal Mail 2nd Class - total insured value £50! He was a brave man for £1500 worth of cables.

advertisement

Back