advertisement

Eversolo DMP A8 - Is this the end for all other streamers?

Would be great if the pre had balance control :(
It does, via DSP, but that doesn't help for analogue. In my case, with active speakers, I can adjust the balance at the speaker end so it's not an issue for me (though I do notice a stereo shift between door-closed and door-open in my room).

It does, via DSP, but that doesn't help for analogue. In my case, with active speakers, I can adjust the balance at the speaker end so it's not an issue for me (though I do notice a stereo shift between door-closed and door-open in my room).

Think the DSP only adjusts for speaker distance i.e time delay

Don't think it allows to reduce the levels between channels, unless I've missed it.

Think the DSP only adjusts for speaker distance i.e time delay

Don't think it allows to reduce the levels between channels, unless I've missed it.
I'm 90% certain I saw a balance setting there, but I'm away from home today so can't check for sure. You may be correct, I don't know since it's not something I've needed to use.

Wonder how it compares to Lumin with the leedh vol control.. as a streaming dac tge Lumin D2 is nicer than than the standard A6 but likely more level with A8 except the vol control on the A8 may be better with its discreet r2r encoder.
That's the $64k question, I felt the A6 streamer was on par with the Lumin U2 mini. I do know my Soekris 2541 with LPS added is a great dac and the A8 is very close.

Wonder how it compares to Lumin with the leedh vol control.. as a streaming dac tge Lumin D2 is nicer than than the standard A6 but likely more level with A8 except the vol control on the A8 may be better with its discreet r2r encoder.
I auditioned the standard A6 as a streamer only against my Metrum Ambre in my main system but there was really nothing in it, though I did buy an A6 ME for my second system and I am very pleased with it. Very recently I replaced the Metrum with a Lumin U2 Mini which royally trounced it, and even more so when I reconfigured my system and engaged the Leedh Lossless volume control. How the Lumin D2 and the A6/A8 match up I could not really say.

I should say that when I compared A6 with Metrum the A6 was connected using USB to my DAC and the Metrum was over I2S, maybe not a fair fight! Metrum and Lumin were compared with both using an AES/EBU cable.

I am not familiar with the A8, other than familiarising myself with reviews etc. Until now my go to streamer/server of choice has been Innuos and currently use the Zen Mk3. No complaints and love the sense app. For the technically challenged like me, it is a breeze to set up and customer support is second to none.
However a factory upgrade to the Zenith, which is the next model up, costs the same as a a brand new DMP A8. The A8 offers the extras of what appears to be a decent onboard DAC and the option of using its preamp, neither of which is available on the Zen mk3.
For now I will be sticking to my Zen mk3, but if I was in the market, the A8 would be hard to pass by.

If the Innuos had a decent DAC in it I'd be on it like a tramp on chips.

The Zen I had was fantastic and IMHO the sense interface is the best out there (I prefer it to Roon) but I now want a single box solution.

No. Just because it has a fancy screen folk seem to think its the business. All the reviewers were also gifted their units so Im dubious about not one reviewer daring to criticise it in any way as not to scupper any further units the Company offer for free for a review.

Seems to be a fair few of these for sale on the used market at the moment. Are they a bit of let down or do people not need the features?
All the reviewers got to keep their units and every man and his dog seemed to do a reviews, maybe they're are all being sold...

Well, I paid full whack for mine and I'm not a reviewer and although it narks me a bit to think that reviewers got to keep theirs, this could be quite common, but I'd also like you to confirm that this is the case - where did you read this?

What I can say is that it's a stunningly good device and makes some of my previous systems seem a bit silly in hindsight. For example, spending £3k on a dedicated R2R DAC which does just that - this device equals it, basically, and does so much more. I loved that DAC but doing direct comparisons at home was a real eye-opener for me. I don't regret a penny spent on it. Which is more than I can say for a lot of more expensive things I have bought......

No. Just because it has a fancy screen folk seem to think its the business. All the reviewers were also gifted their units so Im dubious about not one reviewer daring to criticise it in any way as not to scupper any further units the Company offer for free for a review.
All the reviewers got to keep their units and every man and his dog seemed to do a reviews, maybe they're are all being sold...

Audio Emotion is the UK distributor so they would have had to cover the cost of all those free units. Eversolo would have provided a couple of units for review but nothing like what you are claiming.

Sounds like you haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

Are Tidal favourites integrated into the the local library view or do you neeed to access Tidal specifically?

Audio Emotion is the UK distributor so they would have had to cover the cost of all those free units. Eversolo would have provided a couple of units for review but nothing like what you are claiming.

Eversolo has been dishing out the product to all the Youtubers whether it be Europe, America or Asia

Eversolo has been dishing out the product to all the Youtubers whether it be Europe, America or Asia

Id say the same to yourself. Are you saying Audio Emotion sends them all out exclusively. Several reviews have even stated that they contacted Eversolo Directly and have been sent units.

Do you own one by any chance...?

The dogs in the street know that reviews are likely to have a certain amount of bias and only a fool would view such as gospel. However, other than having the actual unit at hand, articles/reviews are as good as it gets, in terms of providing us with information on the A8. There is always the option of purchasing and returning inside the 14 day window, with no risk other than return shipping charges. Thats as good as it gets.

Personally I tend to think of YouTube ‘reviewers’ as being YouTube ‘influencers’ rather that reliable reviewers.
Maybe you do , but times change and magazines are dying a slow death. Regardless online/youtube still have lots of traction and the companies like Eversolo know this. I very much think you wont be saying that in 10 years time. Hence the reason they have given out lots of demo units. Im not sure what the other chap is getting at. There is a whole world outside the UK and we are stuck in our ways.

Well, I paid full whack for mine and I'm not a reviewer and although it narks me a bit to think that reviewers got to keep theirs, this could be quite common, but I'd also like you to confirm that this is the case - where did you read this?

What I can say is that it's a stunningly good device and makes some of my previous systems seem a bit silly in hindsight. For example, spending £3k on a dedicated R2R DAC which does just that - this device equals it, basically, and does so much more. I loved that DAC but doing direct comparisons at home was a real eye-opener for me. I don't regret a penny spent on it. Which is more than I can say for a lot of more expensive things I have bought......
Im glad your enjoying it, on the flip side, like stated above plenty come up for sale which might suggest other folk dont. So who's right..? Whos's wrong?

advertisement

Back