advertisement

Eversolo DMP A6

steve1ooo

pfm Member
Hi thinking of jumping into streaming and was considering this eversolo. It seems to be heaped with universal praise at the moment. Just wondering if anyone here has one and what their opinion is.

Have a look here

I have one.
It sounds fantastic for the price, but it is not completely free of bugs in the firmware.
It also comes without a remote, but these are available from Eversolo.
Have a read on the Zidoo forum for people’s gripes and groans.

Another very happy owner. My only gripe is that when updating the library after adding any files it rescans the whole library. I am using a 4tb ssd in an external enclosure rather than in the internal bay. That saves the faff I found of trying to copy to the internal drive so now just disconnect from player and connect to MacBook.

Basically the difference is that the gold one has been 'modded' which may improve the sound when used with its internal DAC/audio outs. If you use it as a transport only (into an external DAC) these mods don't come into play and so you'd be better with the silver version.

I'm currently using my silver one direct into my preamp (bypassing the Venus II) and it's a surprisingly good unit when used that way. Definitely not 'deficient' in any obvious way as compared to the the A6->Venus II option. I daresay a direct comparison might reveal subtle differences in favour of the £3k-ish DAC over the in-built one, but nothing jumps out when listening direct without a 'comparison hat' on. Caveat being that my ears aren't as good as they were and so differences between the two may be more obvious to others.

Basically the difference is that the gold one has been 'modded' which may improve the sound when used with its internal DAC/audio outs. If you use it as a transport only (into an external DAC) these mods don't come into play and so you'd be better with the silver version.

I'm currently using my silver one direct into my preamp (bypassing the Venus II) and it's a surprisingly good unit when used that way. Definitely not 'deficient' in any obvious way as compared to the the A6->Venus II option. I daresay a direct comparison might reveal subtle differences in favour of the £3k-ish DAC over the in-built one, but nothing jumps out when listening direct without a 'comparison hat' on. Caveat being that my ears aren't as good as they were and so differences between the two may be more obvious to others.
That's great, thanks for the info. I was checking out reviews today and it's some machine.

advertisement

Back