advertisement

Eurovision 2024 thread

Israel is a member of the European Broadcasting Union hence they are eligible to compete.

Turkey used to be regular participants, not sure if they still are.

Several North African countries are members of the EBU but do not participate in Eurovision, and let's face it unlikely to if Israel is competing.

Morocco took part in 1980, but not since.

I did, however, note that Germany will be represented by a young Robbie Coltrane this year. Uncanny.

220px-ISAAK_-_2024046143853_2024-02-15_Eurovision_Song_Contest_-_Das_deutsche_Finale_2024_-_Sven_-_1D_X_MK_II_-_1469_-_B70I3746_%28cropped%29.jpg

Did you know that Robbie Coltrane was the stage name chosen by Anthony Robert McMillan, due to his love of the music of John Coltrane.

I only found out when he sadly passed.

Wearing my language police cap today. It's 'Eurovision Song Contest'. Eurovision is the organization that arranges it.

Malmö is a boring town, BTW.

I'm surprised that so many people dislike it, yet know so much about it. :)
There's an "off" button for a reason folks, and its only harmless fun after all. Me, I'll be changing the oil on my Street Twin👍

Ukraine, Croatia and Portugal were best ones from tonight's semi final. Croatia most likely I reckon

Total Bonkers from Ireland, Bambi Thug, hope she gets through.

Germany (already in Final) have a good song too.

Irish Legend Johnny Logan performing now.... He's still got it, and a really quite effective re-arrangement of Loreen's Euphoria which won 12 years ago. She won it again last year, matching Johnny. (He won it a third time as composer too!)

I think of it as a bountifully cringefull personal endurance test.

It does get more exiting towards the end though.

This year, I feel Finland is a classic case of trying too hard. Whereas last year, they got the balance just right.

Apparently, Croatia are the favourites. :(

I'm surprised that so many people dislike it, yet know so much about it. :)
There's an "off" button for a reason folks, and its only harmless fun after all. Me, I'll be changing the oil on my Street Twin👍
Yet that is why we know so much about it! I stopped watching it about 4 or 5 years ago, maybe a little peak hear and there just see what's going on throughout the night. Voting is the best part, nice to see how badly we do these days (mostly deserved by strange pick of act & song) & how countries vote for their neighbors. It's a laugh 😄

advertisement

Back