advertisement

Eurovision 2024 thread

The show had a moment tonight, that's for sure, packed full of stomping beats & well, what i can i say about Croatia, ******* brilliant!!

Ireland, sensational.

Best Eurovision ever!! 🤣🤣

Who are these 'juries' that place Estonia last? :confused:

I hope they don't get to sit in court.

Stuff and nonsense.

And how loved genocide against Muslims is!
Oh pity us liberal elites and our fantasy "Surely-everyone-must-think-like-we-do". Look where that has got us....Brexit, Trump & Truss was our reward.

Yet more evidence of how hated UK is by the general populace of Europe...
not sure that is true - Sam Ryder would have won by a mile in 2022 had it not been for Russian invasion of Ukraine. What did he have that year that the UK does not seem capable of producing any other year since 1997? How to define it?

I am SO sick of Graham Norton and his slick, superior stupid jokes. This seems to be the standard Auntie way of dealing with Eurovisiom - talk down and trivialise everything. Wogan wasn't much better either. Surely it's time for a totally new approach and some new faces.

I thought 'our Rylan' was doing it now? Agree: Graham Norton's SO dreadfully untalented, has no wit, charm, or anything I can understand as to why he's ever been on TV. Rylan's at least got 'is teef. Wogan was kinda soft n cuddly, an ok chat show host & did have some wit. I cannot abide it when he turns his back on his chatshow guests to do look at the telly next to him. So fkn irritating. And still reads from his cards constantly showing he's got fk-all talent. BBC token irish inclusion. Prime pfm Moan section inclusion.

Capt

800px-Nemo_PreparyES_01_%28cropped%29.jpg

not sure that is true - Sam Ryder would have won by a mile in 2022 had it not been for Russian invasion of Ukraine. What did he have that year that the UK does not seem capable of producing any other year since 1997? How to define it?

He had a good singing voice. A guitar. And the look of a young Rick Wakeman.

All of those will be universally popular.

Plus the song was very immediate and melodic, with a big, memorable chorus.

The UK delegation must be deluded if they think the sort of clumsy, clubby, controversial nonsense served up yesterday by a very poor vocalist had a chance of doing anything beyond stinking out the Eurovision with a laughably low points score.

Who are these 'juries' that place Estonia last? :confused:

I hope they don't get to sit in court.

Stuff and nonsense.
A hanging jury? Just read the BBC coverage this morning and it was like a Private Eye satire-

“Finnish artist Windows95Man performed a 1990s house banger with his trousers off, and Croatia's Baby Lasagna sang about a country boy who sells his cow and moves to the big city.

Bambie Thug gave one of the night's most memorable performances”.

advertisement

Back