advertisement

Euro parks fine

Just putting in an FOI request for it might be enough for them to know they're going to lose and drop the claim.

Good.
Make sure you put your case as forcefully in court.
The parking attendant’s evidence might help.

No. It's acting in bad faith
I paid the stay but was impeded to leave the car park due to the exit being blocked and a number of cars in front of me not moving.
Euro parks have not considered the exceptional circumstances.
It's wrong and I am not paying
It’s 100% your choice, my wife had a similar thing, appealed, but ended up paying. Just not worth the hassle.

They will probably argue that they are not at fault. Best of luck.

It’s 100% your choice, my wife had a similar thing, appealed, but ended up paying. Just not worth the hassle.

They will probably argue that they are not at fault. Best of luck.
The point is that the OP paid appropriately for the time parked but the car park owners did not have a means to exit. Waiting in a queue to exit is not "parking" and attracts no fee.

Counter-sue for wrongful imprisonment in that they held you against your will in their car park and then demanded money with menaces - which is probably a criminal offence.

p.s. in this case it is absolutely worth the hassle...

Just wondering if you are able to get in touch with anyone else in the cue? Presumably there would be quite a few people in a similar position as you? Maybe worth a tweet, contacting press local and national etc. If it was me, I would be fighting this all the way, as there is no justification for issuing these fines as far as I can see

It's another example of all that is wrong with this country, quite despicable

The point is that the OP paid appropriately for the time parked but the car park owners did not have a means to exit. Waiting in a queue to exit is not "parking" and attracts no fee.

Counter-sue for wrongful imprisonment in that they held you against your will in their car park and then demanded money with menaces - which is probably a criminal offence.

p.s. in this case it is absolutely worth the hassle...
Ha, ha. Hilarious, you a lawyer?

Easy to say when it’s someone else.

Have a look at the Money Saving expert guide to parking issues, it’s quite informative. The only legal way for the Parking Co. to get your address is to be part of a Trade body, if that’s the case there should be an Independant appeals process via them, once you’ve stalemated with the P.C.

There must be a lot of people in the same boat (or queue) as you were. Maybe if you made enquiries locally (social media) you could get a group to take some action, even if it’s only a strong letter at first it might have some effect.
There’s power in numbers.

Total scumbags and you would expect someone within the company would be able to review your case, check CCTV and adjudicate appropriately. I could think of nothing worse having suffered a trip of any kind to Birmingham to have to pay such a ridiculous and unfair fine.

My friends young son (7) was rushed to hospital for a suspected heart attack, i got to the hospital shortly after and paid for the ticket, I can't remember what company it was now, unfortunately partly through worry and in a rush, i accidentally put a O where it should have been an 0 for my registration plate, i tried to appeal but they just weren't interested.

One thing not mentioned yet is the worst case scenario if the OP refuses to pay:

Correct me if I'm wrong but if found against - a court judgement affecting credit score.
Then bailiffs to recover value of fine.

I'm debt free and retired so wouldn't be worried about a credit score. But I may be missing something and/or the OP may need a credit score.

What powers do bailiffs have? Can they enter a property? How often does this happen?

Well, this isn’t really bullying is it.
Yes, it is. It's leveraging corporate power with legal threats against relatively powerless individuals.

Some years ago when I was running a tiny indie record label I was in the habit of delivering to record shops, during the course of which I was issued three or four parking tickets. I had all of them cancelled on appeal including one with Hackney Council where I pointed out to the adjudicator how incompetently the bye-laws relating to that supposed infringement had been drafted, she agreed and wrote to the Council telling them.

The point being, it's not a given that you will lose. If you prefer to cough up and not have the bother, great, your prerogative, but others will have different ideas.

One thing not mentioned yet is the worst case scenario if the OP refuses to pay:

Correct me if I'm wrong but if found against - a court judgement affecting credit score.
Then bailiffs to recover value of fine.

I'm debt free and retired so wouldn't be worried about a credit score. But I may be missing something and/or the OP may need a credit score.

What powers do bailiffs have? Can they enter a property? How often does this happen?
Refuse to pay.
Gather evidence of what happened.
Turn up at the hearing.
in the unlikely event the parking company proceed I doubt they would win.

But yes bailiffs do have powers of entry If court fines are not paid.

advertisement

Back