advertisement

Euro parks fine

Conan

Loop digger
On boxing day I went to Birmingham and parked at a Euro Car Park.
I returned to the car park, paid my ticket and proceeded to my car.
As I drove off my parking space there was a queue of car towards the exit. The queue did not move for 20 minutes.
This week I receive a parking fine for overstaying for 28 minutes.

I have appealed and they refused my appeal.
Unbelievable

Agreed, I would let them issue proceeding, then write to the court before the date and if it isn’t thrown out attend and invite the local press.

On boxing day I went to Birmingham and parked at a Euro Car Park.
I returned to the car park, paid my ticket and proceeded to my car.
As I drove off my parking space there was a queue of car towards the exit. The queue did not move for 20 minutes.
This week I receive a parking fine for overstaying for 28 minutes.

I have appealed and they refused my appeal.
Unbelievable
How much time was left on your ticket when you paid?

it gets worse..
My wife also took her car as it was 8 of us so now I have 2x £100 fines to pay.

I entered the car par at 13:36 and paid the tickes (up to 2 hours fare) at 15:36. That is exactly 2 hours.
Euro parks state that I failed to pay for full stay

they probably wont take you to court just sell the ‘debt’ on, so unlikely you will get your day in court unless you take them.

it gets worse..
My wife also took her car as it was 8 of us so now I have 2x £100 fines to pay.

I entered the car par at 13:36 and paid the tickes (up to 2 hours fare) at 15:36. That is exactly 2 hours.
Euro parks state that I failed to pay for full stay
So you then went to the exit where there was a stationary queue which did not move for 20 minutes? Do you know why there was a queue? When the queue began to move how long did it take to exit the car park?

As the link above says, if the parking operator denies an appeal, you can appeal that decision.

So you then went to the exit where there was a stationary queue which did not move for 20 minutes? Do you know why there was a queue? When the queue began to move how long did it take to exit the car park?

As the link above says, if the parking operator denies an appeal, you can appeal that decision.
The parking attended said that the entrance of the parking was blocked due to heavy traffic and told us to wait. I left exactly 22 minutes after paying.

The parking attended said that the entrance of the parking was blocked due to heavy traffic and told us to wait. I left exactly 22 minutes after paying.
I think you have very good grounds to say the excess charge is unreasonable. I would appeal to the Trade Body as per the link above.

Like they would share to heir CCTV.
I did take a photo of the queue
They are obliged in law to give cctv footage to anyone who is on it, or might reasonably believe to be on it.

If they did sue, it would be one of the first things you would require them to copy to you and the Court.

advertisement

Back