advertisement

EMT 927

@kjt239: i've tried to pm you, i have the file ready, if your kind offer is still valid. 60s of 3.15kHz, the ultimate analogue test lp
wav format. it's big though, 10MB...it would be interesting to compare this 40EU audiotester software to something more serious.
cheers,
phixphi

phxphi
My server should accept a 10M file as an attachment. If not chop a little bit off the end! I think you have my email address.

Patrick when will this be built...they didn't take this long building the pyramids....I suppose the age of your 927 takes you back to a time when you supported a competitive football team :D

I just had a look at this site and noticed you had uploaded a file!

The figures I get from this file are 0.1% +- 0.02% wow & flutter (weighted, quasi peak, as per IEC386, DIN45507, BS4847-1972). The frequency I make 3127 Hz.

I also noticed a rumble component of about -50 db compared with the 3 kHz tone (Obviously, I do not know what level this was cut on the disc). If I can work out how to upload it, I could upload a recording of this rumble (without the 3127 Hz!)

I would be interested to see if anyone else has measured this signal.

kjt, thank you!

my audiotester was giving on the same track around
0.15%-0.18% DIN-weighted, inevitably rising to 0.23% at the end of the track.
i'm wondering where does the difference come from?

cheers,
phixphi

Interesting the difference!

Listening to the track gives the impression that the wow frequency is about 2.5 Hz. Idler wheel frequency?!

By the way, I couldn't measure this frequency but the distortion (2nd and 3rd harmonic) seems pretty dramatic!

Both your observations seems right! The idler freq. is 2.72Hz.
Interesting, how do you assess the wow freq. by ear?

The distortion--yes, the cart comes back to
EMT as I suspect they've rebuilt it badly.
Distorts and mistracks up to loosing the groove!
Cheers,
phixphi

Interesting the difference!

Listening to the track gives the impression that the wow frequency is about 2.5 Hz. Idler wheel frequency?!

By the way, I couldn't measure this frequency but the distortion (2nd and 3rd harmonic) seems pretty dramatic!

You can hear 2.5hz? and 5hz and 7.5hz?

I was going to ask if it's normal that TSD15SPH
distorts like hell at loud complex passages, but
mine not only distorts but heavily mistracks,
it's unable to play until the end quite a few records!
The cart is now back at EMT, as I suspect they might
have done their rebuild badly...

Yes, you can hear 2.5 Hz approx slight freq shifting of the 3 kHz tone. Count ten cycles and see how long it takes with a stopwatch etc.

How is everybody doing with the EMTs?

mine is still with HM. he's discovered more problems then i thought (mostly in the arm)
the reason for the high w&f seemed to be ...the idler's fiberglass washer! turning it upside down brought the w&f down to 0.07% but there is an additional peak once per rev. which he's now fighting.
mine 155st is a mess--needs recap, changing pots and recalibration, will do that when the deck is back (changing electrolyts only)
rebuilt TSD15 -- EMT is shy on the problem, they claimed there was something on the diamond, which I doubt comes from me (played only RCM-washed or new records)

will update and supply more test tracks for the speed analysis when the deck is back

cheers,
jk

advertisement

Back