advertisement

Elsdon Wonfor Audio LS-25 speaker cables

What's all this fluff about on price? Many things in hifi are expensive. All of them are 'wants' not 'needs'. If you don't like the price then don't buy them, in hifi as in all else. One person's foo is another's essential bit of kit. Doubtless someone will believe that this second hand mains cable at £15,000 is just what they 'need'.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5338728743&icep_item=323653261873

Suum cuique.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Best of health to you Colin. Thank you for everything you have done and are doing to let the rest of us derive more enjoyment from our recorded music.

Best regards, FT

I truly hope there isn't a change in sound signature otherwise you'd had a different cable from batch to batch, that would be highly concerning.

Otherwise he just had an enjoyable time listening to someone chat about something that are passionate about.
Ah...didn't know he had a press officer. Are you well paid?
It was only a semi serious point., but if listening to a lecture on a subject you don't understand in order to learn nothing is what turns you on, it's your life:)

What's all this fluff about on price? Many things in hifi are expensive. All of them are 'wants' not 'needs'. If you don't like the price then don't buy them, in hifi as in all else. One person's foo is another's essential bit of kit. Doubtless someone will believe that this second hand mains cable at £15,000 is just what they 'need'.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5338728743&icep_item=323653261873

Suum cuique.
Imagine not being wealthy if you can. Now also imagine that you love to hear music beautifully portrayed. You need a HiFi system but you have very little to spend. Now another leap of imagination.You do some blind testing of speaker cables and hear no, or only minute differences in sound. Then you do similar tests on loudspeakers, cartridges and the rest and hear bigger changes. Where would you spend your money? The difference in sound between a £100 cartridge and a £2000 one is vast...huge (and measurable!). I have been involved in HiFi for 50 years, selling, showing, buying and can hear speaker cable changes but nothing, ever, at all to justify some of the extreme prices charged.
Of course there are extreme prices for amplifiers, loudspeakers too but there, the changes seem more evident, so I'd say that there is every reason to suggest that interconnects of all sorts are the very worst value for money in HiFi.
Naturally, some people have no interest in VFM...have no need to be interested. And then there are 1000 threads to read about the Placebo effect and gulability and style and fashion and the need to follow a trend and etc etc.
I agree that each of us has our own path to follow but the perceptive, the scientific, the poorer, the more cynical amongst us cannot be so easily dismissed.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I have been involved in HiFi for 50 years, selling, showing, buying and can hear speaker cable changes but nothing, ever, at all to justify some of the extreme prices charged..

Time for something new maybe before the days draw to a close?

Let the cables sell, you don't have to buy them, nor do you need to guide anyone else into your own opinion. I wont buy £1000 speaker cable, but nor would I buy a Jaguar car. Others will and enjoy what they get from it, however that is. Less well-off folk may well desire a Jag, but will it still get them from A to B like a Ford Focus? Sure. It does its job. Can they spend their hard earned on something different that would be more beneficial to that job? Yes quite possibly, is it their choice, yes.

No need to pollute a thread talking about Colins cables.

Time for something new maybe before the days draw to a close?

nor do you need to guide anyone else into your own opinion.
quite...hope you have a sense of irony?
I don't see my posts as pollution, and I don't see that saving someone hundreds or thousands of pounds is pointless despite it being about Colin.
My post stands. Those who read it can decide but a little persepective, a few alternative points of view never hurt. We can ALL learn.

advertisement

Back