advertisement

Early retirement… who did it?

My view on those pension levels is they are probably not named that well i.e. "Moderate" should probably read "Comfortable", and "Comfortable" should read "Luxury".

I've had a look through what's included and the Comfortable level in that article does seem to include an awful lot of spend on stuff like clothes and shoes etc.

I have recently retired at 54 mostly for health reasons after no longer being able to do my quite demanding job. Have paid of my parent's mortgage and taken over the East Wing of the house which I share with several computers and Sam the Dog.

I don't need much money, which is just as well.

I have recently retired at 54 mostly for health reasons after no longer being able to do my quite demanding job. Have paid of my parent's mortgage and taken over the East Wing of the house which I share with several computers and Sam the Dog.

Are you no longer London-based?

Nope. I have moved back to where I grew up and you can buy a mansion for the price of a family car.
Nice - I think a lot of people are doing the same since remote working is becoming more accepted. Unfortunately that now means that family car is a Tesla.

Best wishes Matthew. I have always enjoyed your contributions. Enjoy a long retirement.

Well I’m now retired after 33 years teaching. Had imposter syndrome fir a few weeks followed by realisation that I was institutionalised! Ladt two weeks of the summer I was still analysing A level and GCSE results. As it happened my department had the best in the school and I had the best in the department so not a bad time to go. Last Monday I was still going through what I’d be doing during the first day back!
My only disappointment is I have retired before I got my MDAC 2 from you know who:)

Congrats, Graham - make something of your best-quality waking hours now they are wholly-yours to exploit (and free of 4pm Sunday anxiety)
ATB!

I have absolutely no interest in retiring. Health allowing I will always do two or three days a week so I can keep going to the pub.
Being retired just seems odd like not running any more or not drinking any more. I've always loved working, why would I stop?

Well I’m now retired after 33 years teaching. Had imposter syndrome fir a few weeks followed by realisation that I was institutionalised! Ladt two weeks of the summer I was still analysing A level and GCSE results. As it happened my department had the best in the school and I had the best in the department so not a bad time to go. Last Monday I was still going through what I’d be doing during the first day back!
My only disappointment is I have retired before I got my MDAC 2 from you know who:)
My dad retired from teaching, one of his mates who retired at the same time went and sat in a cafe near the school on the first day back at school so that he could watch all the the kids filing past and rejoice that he no longer had to teach them.

advertisement

Back