advertisement

[FS] EAR 834 integrated amplifier

bhope58122

pfm Member
Excellent condition throughout with nothing of note to mention in all honesty in regards to it’s condition.

8ohm & 15ohm speaker outputs

Recently been treated to a brand new matched set of 8 Genalex Gold Lion KT66 output valves at a cost of £650. It was serviced a couple of years back by HiFi Sound in Middlesbrough (previous owner) and has been used sparingly since. I can’t see anything that needs replacing. I’ve recently had one of the front knobs replaced for a brand new one (at a cost of £75) as the one was a bit more discoloured than the other, the second one has lost a bit of gold but nothing major. The one that was replaced is also included (so 3 in total)

As the KT66 are such big valves, the cages don’t fit over the top of the valves. They are obviously included though, and can be seen in other photos when I had EL34 valves installed.

It’s a nightmare to photograph with all the polished surfaces, none of which I can see are scratched at all. I’ll add pictures accordingly when I can get a decent one without seeing my ugly mush in the reflection!

with what I originally paid and the cost of the KT66 I think that £2000 collected from Shrewsbury is fair.

If you wish to arrange your own courier I will cooperate but will not be held responsible for any damage. It has its original packaging so I don’t envisage any issues. As the cages don’t fit over the KT66 the valves will need to be removed and sent separately so bear this in mind. I will not send them in the same packaging as they’ll just get smashed.

Will sell without the valves for £1750 if it helps keep costs down for folk.

Note, you don’t need matched valves for this amp so you can pick up singles/pairs etc to use in it much cheaper than buying brand new sets

Now also on eBay to “show willing” to my wife that I do actually intend on selling it.

Much rather it went on here if I do end up parting with it :)

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I've got one of these lovely amps which I've always run with EL34's. What's the difference in sound between the KT66 & EL34 and what did you prefer ?

I've got one of these lovely amps which I've always run with EL34's. What's the difference in sound between the KT66 & EL34 and what did you prefer ?

I’ve only really ran it “properly” with the KT66 as the EL34 it came with were knackered. As my Copland uses EL34 I decided to try KT66 in the EAR instead and wasn’t disappointed

Hi, any idea if this would drive Revel F208s sufficiently?

Again, no first hand experience with your speakers but I would be very surprised if the EAR couldn’t drive them efficiently. I’ve always found Valve amp wattage output to be much better than solid state (like for like). I have run plenty of sets of speakers (with lower sensitivity than your Revel) with a Puresound A10 (10w) in the past, with no bother at all. As this is 50w output, I think you’d find it hard to find a set of speakers that would struggle with the EAR (of course there will be some out there though)

Be patient. Valved quality like this will find a buyer, only perhaps not in the height of summer; pick-up only (with which I empathise) being a further limiting factor I guess. This St. Neots (Eaton Soton) stuff doesn't depreciate.

Be patient. Valved quality like this will find a buyer, only perhaps not in the height of summer; pick-up only (with which I empathise) being a further limiting factor I guess. This St. Neots (Eaton Soton) stuff doesn't depreciate.

As per the last part of my sales post, happy to post at buyers risk. Fully insured would be around £75-100 mark. Would prefer buyer to arrange postage themselves as it’s on them if there are any issues.

Full original packaging is available for the amp, however, the valves would need to be sent separately :)

advertisement

Back