advertisement

Dynavector Power Amps

..............I'd love to land a L-300 with P-300 to go with my HX-1.2mk2 - but it's likely a non-starter as none of the Dynavector preamps seem to have a tape loop.

If you mean a set of ‘record out’ sockets, then I think all of the Dynavector pre-amplifiers have these.

regards

Kevin

If you mean a set of ‘record out’ sockets, then I think all of the Dynavector pre-amplifiers have these.
I was hoping for a matching pair of 'monitor' sockets to complete the tape 'loop' for off-tape monitoring when recording.

that's interesting as I've got some Hawks and was considering returning to Dynavector amps

I would never run any Shahinian speaker with anything else and the 75 will do a fine job. Very sweet sounding amp . If you can find one, rare as hens teeth

I would never run any Shahinian speaker with anything else

I used Shahinians (Arcs & Obs) for well over a decade before catching the cardioid active speaker infection.

I used them with a NAP 250 all that time. A friend had a HX1.2 so me + a mate lugged it (and its preamp) around to my place to hear what all the Dynavector-Shahinian fuss was about.
In short the 1.2 was a great amp. Very clean, very powerful, great sense of control, very "black" background.
But...it was well over twice the price of the 250 (at the time) and we also both felt the 250 was more fun to listen to - the old PRaT thing (same when I tried a Devialet a couple of years back).

So, you pay yer money & make your choice. If they were the same price, I'd probably have the 1.2 but at the time the Naim was much better VFM to my ears. Grahams were flogging both as great options for Shahinians IIRC.

I would never run any Shahinian speaker with anything else and the 75 will do a fine job. Very sweet sounding amp . If you can find one, rare as hens teeth
Ive had the full range in the past - only sold any last one which was a HX100 when I had to buy double glazing - was running Orb2's at the time. Now I'm on Hawks I wasn't expecting the entry level hx75 to be sufficient but I guess ill give one a go as i have a L100 sat doing nothing

Also running mine with NAC52 and Obelisks a very good combination that had made we wonder if I’m ‘there’
For 99% of folks a Nac 52 / Hx 1.2 would definitely be there for amps.
Playing here right now. Cds3 52 hx1.2 Wb Arcs Rel Storm 3.
Magic.

I had MK1 Obs with an Exposure IVDR2, IX & XIV combination followed by a pair of XVI monoblocks. I though they sounded great until I tried DV HX75 100W it just drove the Obs into another dimension. I have moved through all DV iterations and now have an HX100 with L300 pre into OBS MK2. I have completely lost any interest in upgrading since and just love listening to any type of music on this set up. DV and Shahinian are a synergistic marriage made in heaven IMHO.

Ive had the full range in the past - only sold any last one which was a HX100 when I had to buy double glazing - was running Orb2's at the time. Now I'm on Hawks I wasn't expecting the entry level hx75 to be sufficient but I guess ill give one a go as i have a L100 sat doing nothing

I think I bought your HX100. Thanks . Seriously though, the HX75 is fine, if you can’t find an HX100 the HX75 is just brilliant, as I said above I have friends driving Hawks with a 75 and it’s awesome

I had MK1 Obs with an Exposure IVDR2, IX & XIV combination followed by a pair of XVI monoblocks. I though they sounded great until I tried DV HX75 100W it just drove the Obs into another dimension. I have moved through all DV iterations and now have an HX100 with L300 pre into OBS MK2. I have completely lost any interest in upgrading since and just love listening to any type of music on this set up. DV and Shahinian are a synergistic marriage made in heaven IMHO.

Oh very yes !

I used Shahinians (Arcs & Obs) for well over a decade before catching the cardioid active speaker infection.

I used them with a NAP 250 all that time. A friend had a HX1.2 so me + a mate lugged it (and its preamp) around to my place to hear what all the Dynavector-Shahinian fuss was about.
In short the 1.2 was a great amp. Very clean, very powerful, great sense of control, very "black" background.
But...it was well over twice the price of the 250 (at the time) and we also both felt the 250 was more fun to listen to - the old PRaT thing (same when I tried a Devialet a couple of years back).

So, you pay yer money & make your choice. If they were the same price, I'd probably have the 1.2 but at the time the Naim was much better VFM to my ears. Grahams were flogging both as great options for Shahinians IIRC.

interested having owned a nap 250 and arcs during the 90s I was pleased to upgrade to the HX1.2 mk two felt it was better than the 135s and the nap 500.

Anyway each to their own

Dynavector advised me that 'there are signs of progress and we are hoping to get some products back into production later this year. It is impossible to make any predictions or give any further information at this stage.' This was in relation to a query about the HX100. To be fair, I'm not sure if I have the budget for a new one anyway (my OH would definitely say that I am not in the market for one).

Dynavector hx1.2 mark two here. Much better grip and control of my arcs than a naim 250 ever had. It’s more transparent and responds well to every upgrade from scource to speaker cables. Would be amazed if New Dynavectors started to appear, would be like a ufo landing.

advertisement

Back