advertisement

Dynavector Power Amps

Thanks Paul. I know it has just been serviced and he, the customer, wanted more money because of that, another £100. But knowing my Compasses are much easier load, perhaps that would be enough! I have recently bought a new XX2mk2 cart and I was hoping for maybe less bass than the naim dr is putting out!!

Thanks Paul. I know it has just been serviced and he, the customer, wanted more money because of that, another £100. But knowing my Compasses are much easier load, perhaps that would be enough! I have recently bought a new XX2mk2 cart and I was hoping for maybe less bass than the naim dr is putting out!!

Better amplifier control should tighten and improve the bass, but it might go lower!

Do Dynavector power amplifiers need/work best with a Dynavector preamp?

Do Dynavector power amplifiers need/work best with a Dynavector preamp?

Not at all. My Hx 1.2 mk1 sounds really good with an Exposure 21. It usually gets used with a Nac 52 though. Superb.
I wouldnt exactly call the Hx1.2 an overtly soft sounding amp either. Compared to my old 135s which I very much liked i found the 1.2 more transparent. It made speakers sound larger. Cleaner.More scale more effortlessly.
Considerably more powerful of course. Handy depending on speaker load and volume levels required.

Last edited:

IMHO 700 for a serviced HX75 is a steal . I might have to grab it for the bedroom system

Oh well, last time I talk too much on this site! I went back to Phil to buy the HX75, only to find out someone else on here had already bought it after hearing about it on here!

The one thing rarer than Dynavector amplifiers is information about them. Does anyone have the official blurb about the HX-1.2mk2, and what's the difference from the mk1 model?

I'd love to land a L-300 with P-300 to go with my HX-1.2mk2 - but it's likely a non-starter as none of the Dynavector preamps seem to have a tape loop.

The one thing rarer than Dynavector amplifiers is information about them. Does anyone have the official blurb about the HX-1.2mk2, and what's the difference from the mk1 model?
I got information on this year's ago. They upped the power to 180 watts on the mk2.
Wasn't a difficult thing to achieve as mk1 was considerably more powerful than the 127 watts quoted in the spec. Transformer and power supply were not changed , or not much. The limit was could the Hexfet transistors ( 2 per chan ?) do the current/ power upped to 180 Watts. And they could. May be other refinements. Changed the main case colour to lab grey - front panel kept black. Mains lamp changed to green from red i think.
Hx100 a different beast. Bigger power supply and balanced operation. And a significant step up from the older hx1.2 designs. Must be some amp then.
John Burns at Pear Audio UK is the person who will be able to give you more info on this. Great guy to deal with. Very helpful on all things DV and Shahinian.

I got information on this year's ago. They upped the power to 180 watts on the mk2.
Wasn't a difficult thing to achieve as mk1 was considerably more powerful than the 127 watts quoted in the spec. Transformer and power supply were not changed , or not much. The limit was could the Hexfet transistors ( 2 per chan ?) do the current/ power upped to 180 Watts. And they could. May be other refinements. Changed the main case colour to lab grey - front panel kept black. Mains lamp changed to green from red i think.
Hx100 a different beast. Bigger power supply and balanced operation. And a significant step up from the older hx1.2 designs. Must be some amp then.
John Burns at Pear Audio UK is the person who will be able to give you more info on this. Great guy to deal with. Very helpful on all things DV and Shahinian.

thanks for that, always wondered about the power outputs and differences between my HX1.2 (MK1) and the MK2 and HX100. Also running mine with NAC52 and Obelisks a very good combination that had made we wonder if I’m ‘there’

advertisement

Back