advertisement

[IC] Dunlop Systemdek Transcriptor Turntable

AnilS

pfm Member
I'm finally thinking of selling a family heirloom.

From the 80s as far as I can tell with obvious natural patina to the Nextel finish but still holds up well given it's age. There's a date on the box stating 1981.

It sits nicely and has a nice level of bearing oil. Bearing is whisper quiet and moves amazing freely. The platter is crazy heavy. I cannot vouch for the belt age but it works well.

Helius arm (not sure which though) and (NOS) A&R P77 cartridge and stylus, fitted last year and tested but never run. So it's brand new.

Cartridge fitted by our very own Simon and setup @linnfomaniac83

Just played it through my system and it sounds stunning. And I mean stunning.
I believe this was a Linn LP12 rival at the time (please correct me if I'm wrong).

There is a very slight hum when not playing but maybe its lack of use. I will keep it running.

All with original packaging and box, including instructions and very nice lid. Hinges are perfect.

I'm looking for interest and will sell should there be any.

It is important to note, I will not courier.

I will post up pictures if there is any interest.

Hi
Maybe of interest to me as I'm putting a retro system together for my nephew could you post or send some pics and also let me know what sort of price you have in mind? (If you've thought that far ahead)

Pictures as requested. It's difficult to price as I cannot find another for sale.

51U7avQ.jpg

euGgdZK.jpg

3CT53DO.jpg

02plJdH.jpg

PRy6eyA.jpg

DSRk3Mk.jpg

7JHRxXo.jpg

b86pZ84.jpg

lCTAZJ6.jpg

Thanks @James46

I typed in Dunlop hence why nothing came up.

Appreciated.

That blue one is very odd and the tonearm!
The first one looks recoated if you look at the area under the tonearm.

I'm loathed to do this for originality.

Gives an idea of pricing now. Regards

Has to be worth around £400 at least. Sensitive refinish (unlike the blue one:) and will serve someone well.
Have refinished a few. Easy to strip apart and respray with Rustoleum paint.

Has to be worth around £400 at least. Sensitive refinish (unlike the blue one:) and will serve someone well.
Have refinished a few. Easy to strip apart and respray with Rustoleum paint.

Thank you.

I've just checked it over. It's a really solid deck and the suspension seems to work a treat. It seems very similar to that of an LP12.

I think your price seems fair, especially for a fully boxed unit.

NOW FOR SALE.

£380 Collected from Bromsgrove or can deliver locally.

This compares competitively with elsewhere as it's fully boxed and original.

More than happy to consider offers.

advertisement

Back