advertisement

[IC] Dunlop Systemdek Transcriptor Turntable

It really is heavy too, I had fun moving it about, it’s way heavier than an LP12!

I tested it in my Naim system and the performance was commendable.

Has to be worth around £400 at least. Sensitive refinish (unlike the blue one:) and will serve someone well.
Have refinished a few. Easy to strip apart and respray with Rustoleum paint.
I know most of these go sticky being a nextel type finish but this one hasn’t gone sticky and could just be enjoyed as is. I had it here for a little while to re-solder the cartridge tags and level the suspension up, I fitted a NOS A&R cartridge whilst I was at it so it’s ready to go for a good while yet. The dust cover is pristine!

If it helps anyone, I'm traveling down the M5 to Dursley, South Gloucestershire, this Saturday (24th) mid afternoon.

I can make a minor detour if anyone is interested in anything I'm selling.

Thread resurrection (saves re-tying as I don't have the energy). Appreciate collection. Thank you.

£360 or sensible offer

Can't believe this is still here. One of these served me well for 18 years till I won a Logic in a competition and foolishly sold the Systemdek to a mate. Refurbished a few over the years and still blown away by the sound. Wider soundstage, better bass and to my mind way more musical presentation than an LP 12 (at least of the same Vintage). Comes apart like a quality picture frame and very easy to refinish. Easy with paint stripper, moisture on the toplate, beneath that all aluminium so mirror polish and it looks great.

Can't believe this is still here. One of these served me well for 18 years till I won a Logic in a competition and foolishly sold the Systemdek to a mate. Refurbished a few over the years and still blown away by the sound. Wider soundstage, better bass and to my mind way more musical presentation than an LP 12 (at least of the same Vintage). Comes apart like a quality picture frame and very easy to refinish. Easy with paint stripper, moisture on the toplate, beneath that all aluminium so mirror polish and it looks great.

Me too!

@Si74 Do you have pics of the stripping process or the finished TT? I'm curious as I might end up keeping it at this rate.

Kind regards

Sorry been away and only just seen this. Will try and find photos but Orange pulled the plug on my turntable Website many Moons ago. Trick with the toplate is to use minimal moisture and certainly nothing abrasive. Some folks say turps or white spirit, I used B&Q paint stripper very sparingly and wiped off as opposed to rinsing. The toplate does not like getting wet, from experience. Easy to take apart and everything below the toplate is just like an aluminium picture frame. Easy to take apart, rather more awkward to respray. On a few I just mirror polished this and left like that, only refinishing the toplate. Should actually be photos on here of one I refinished with a Rustoleum paint that was just a shade darker grey than the original Nextel, textured Pewter or some such but very hard wearing and looked real nice. Will try and source photos but 5 laptops and umpteen external drives. Don't give this away for peanuts, it's still one of my favourite tables and I've had rather a lot over the years!

I used to have one of these turntables a few years ago and was very impressed with the sound. I had the same tonearm too I think it's a Helius Aurum.

advertisement

Back