Votes: 7 2.2%
  • No, i've never owned naim

Votes: 44 14.0%
  • No, but I did in the past

Votes: 76 24.1%
  • No, but I intend to in the future

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters
Just out of interest, what exactly is the point of this thread? It seems that it's impossible to go for more than two days without some irrelevant dribbling on about Naim. I assume that the withdrawal symptoms cause people to find some daft reason to start a thread about Naim if there hasn't been one on the front page since yesterday.

Don't get me wrong, a good company and all that, but really, are they the only Hi-Fi manufacturer in the world? Are they really worthy of the worship?

The poll results suggest pfm is a Naim forum, but appears to be suffering from self-loathing. :)

The poll results suggest pfm is a Naim forum..

Unless it was predominately Naim owners who bothered looking at the thread. Unless you unsure every forum member takes the poll you can't read squat into the results. Which would mean squat anyway because it's yet another waste of space Naim thread.

Happily owned a Naim XS - perfectly good amp although I'd like to move further up the integrated ladder and don't fancy a naim pre/power.

The Naim demos at hi fi shows never do nothing for me although probably the speakers.

Unless it was predominately Naim owners who bothered looking at the thread. Unless you unsure every forum member takes the poll you can't read squat into the results. Which would mean squat anyway because it's yet another waste of space Naim thread.

Most non Naim owners see Naim in the title and leave well alone. :D

Most of the thinking flat earthers migrated away from Naim to valves and Tannoys a while ago.

It's more about brand worship and market placement than PR&T.

Baaah!

;)

had a full set up but gone in another direction, just a cd player to replace now. but when i had it I liked the sound, just the upgrade path always made me feel i had to upgrade

This seems to be a commonly expressed feeling; the (mere) existence of the 'upgrade path' is disturbing.

I have a little trouble grasping the idea that if I like what I hear, I will like it less if there is an upgrade path than if there is none.

Perhaps it is just that the compulsion to upgrade is strong, and if it doesn't exist some are at peace, and if it does exist they are never at peace and thus ultimately jump off the path due to the discomfort.

advertisement

Back