advertisement

Do both lengths of speaker cable really have to be the same length?

All your frequencies (in the delicate audio signal) will be out of phase.

I'll have to live with it as I'm too busy right now beating off the hoards to get my PS regs pooched to new discrete reg status. Have your girl get with my girl though.

Dave,

Found it, using the wayback machine.

Q: Naim uses standard type mains cables. Surely these can be bettered?

A: Firstly, let's make it clear that if we thought there was something better we would use it: we want the best performance from our products, and this applies to all the components we use. Secondly, we don't just sit back and let the world pass us by: we very seriously try alternatives - as many as possible.

In the case of our power leads, we sometimes hear from people who say that they have found a cable which sounds better than the type we supply as standard. We try them and as yet have not found one that we think is worth using. The cable we use has been refined over the years and we sometimes change suppliers to obtain the best sound.

Joe

You da man Joe.

They did have a more *extensive blurb at one point with cables in general (with an emphasis on interconnects) but yours nails it regardless.

thanks,

dave

*may have been NANA's rendition

Just thinkin': -
Non-audiophiles would have difficulty understanding how we can run to 145 posts on this topic - and probably a few others too :D .
Dave.

Just thinkin': -
Non-audiophiles would have difficulty understanding how we can run to 145 posts on this topic - and probably a few others too :D .
Dave.

I think I'm one of them non-audiophiles. Mind I enjoyed it while it lasted.

All your frequencies (in the delicate audio signal) will be out of phase.

Oh, my goodness. I have four speaker leads and different amplifiers on the treble and bass. Everything is bound to be out of phase. That's why my system sounds so bad. Oh and as for the subwoofer, even more out of phase.

I have to wonder how they manage in the recording studio. Do all the microphone leads and all the direct record systems have to have identical paths between the music source and the mixing desk. Er, it does seem to be unlikely.;)

I haven't seen any 50 piece orchestras sat identical distances from every listener. Nor have I ever seen a piano with strings arranged to be the same distance from anywhere.

Or, in other words, ballcocks.

Oh, my goodness. I have four speaker leads and different amplifiers on the treble and bass. Everything is bound to be out of phase. That's why my system sounds so bad. Oh and as for the subwoofer, even more out of phase.

I have to wonder how they manage in the recording studio. Do all the microphone leads and all the direct record systems have to have identical paths between the music source and the mixing desk. Er, it does seem to be unlikely.;)

I haven't seen any 50 piece orchestras sat identical distances from every listener. Nor have I ever seen a piano with strings arranged to be the same distance from anywhere.

Or, in other words, ballcocks.

it'll all work 'only' if the mic cables are all the same length....that's what makes people perceive depth and space....;)

cough!!!

advertisement

Back