advertisement

Digital re-clockers: do they level the transport playing field?

There are people using two Mutec MC3 reclockers in series.

From catcando on audiophilestyle:

“Just a quick update.

I am now using two Mutec MC3+USB. More of everything!

I emailed Chris at Mutec, and he said some customers, who are using two Mutec's, are connecting the clock output, from the first one, to the clock input, of the second one, and setting the second one to EXT/RLCK.”

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/16801-mutec-mc-3/?do=findComment&comment=729538

One reclocker good, two reclockers better. £845 a time.

There are people using two Mutec MC3 reclockers in series.

From catcando on audiophilestyle:

“Just a quick update.

I am now using two Mutec MC3+USB. More of everything!

I emailed Chris at Mutec, and he said some customers, who are using two Mutec's, are connecting the clock output, from the first one, to the clock input, of the second one, and setting the second one to EXT/RLCK.”

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/16801-mutec-mc-3/?do=findComment&comment=729538

One reclocker good, two reclockers better. £845 a time.
I think the company should introduce a reclocker DDC that can be connected in parallel as well as in series. Or perhaps in a dual mono configuration - with "balanced reclocking" (tm) in each channel. It's more/more of everything - much better than just more.

Last edited:
For that money you can have your pick of galvanically isolated usb dacs with jitter below -130db...

After trying to audition a Phoenix with my Innuos Zenith Mk 2 for years , I finally managed it. Previous attempts lost to lockdowns. I was expecting great things, but was disappointed. Yes with my Chord Qutest DAC there were marginal changes. The music was a little more dynamic, soundstage a bit deeper, maybe a bit more detail. So, 5 to 10% better to my ageing ears. Not worth £2600 or £2300 this month for Zenith and Zen owners.

I have to admit I was hoping to be disappointed. Now I'm retired, I really can not afford this cost anyway, but would have managed if the improvement blew my socks off, but it didn't. Socks stubbornly on my feet.

Overall I am very pleased with the Zenith after maybe 6 years of use. Very easy to rip CDs and sounds good to me. Certainly changing from a Metrum Octave to Qutest DAC was a big plus. I'm very impressed by the little Qutest.

advertisement

Back