advertisement

Depeche Mode - any fans on here?

One of my favourite bands up till mid nineties, after wilder left though I feel they lost their edge. I really dislike the drums in the live shows, really spoils the older tracks, and Gahans voice is now shot to pieces. But really some great tracks in the B-sides and remixes.

The 6 music festival headline gig from Glasgow a few years back was superb. Not sure if it's still available anywhere. I wasn't really aware of their early years as too young, but was just really getting into music when black celebration came out, and that was a real awakening. That and music for the masses. Listened to those endlessly.

kckaEMQ.jpg

Just seen this on amazon.

release date 17/7/20

Violator 12" box set

Yeah I'd seen that. I have several original 12" release from that era. i don't play them too much now, although the 12" 45rpm stuff always sounds more dynamic. I ought to have a DM 12" listening session sometime.

Definitely their most catchy tune in a very long time. Let's hope it bodes well for the full album. Physical pricing for this is a bit rich (although the £81 deluxe ed. sold out immediately) so will probably stick with streaming it unfortunately.

Definitely their most catchy tune in a very long time. Let's hope it bodes well for the full album. Physical pricing for this is a bit rich (although the £81 deluxe ed. sold out immediately) so will probably stick with streaming it unfortunately.
Bit like Precious from Playing The Angel, catchy and commercial.

The pricing of the vinyl for this falls firmly in the same category as the gig tickets thread. Just ridiculous, milking fans

advertisement

Back