advertisement

[WTD] Decent cassette deck

Just reading around, checking the availability of blank (new) cassettes and trying to see if I can uncover my old collection anywhere. Yes, my amp has tape in and record out, thanks. Reliability will be key as I have no experience in changing belts. Yet.

Getting rid of my tapes - have some recorded once TDK SA90 for sale.

I have 2 Naks, after a reshuffle my LX3 will no longer fit in the rack so it is up for sale. It will record but the heads are a little stiff and need to be nudged into position. A common issue I believe. On playback it is just fine and of course sounds damn good.
I'm using my BX-1 which is a little shorter in height.

Looking for a decent cassette deck. Must be in great nick and ready to go. No projects or belt replacements needed, please. If it’s boxed, even better. Delivery to Suffolk needed or local collection. Thinking something from late 80s/early 90s. Technics, Yamaha, Pioneer Precision, Nakamichi etc. Budget is £100-£250.
Please no comments on merits of cassettes :)
Thank you.
Hi, I just wondered if you got sorted with a cassette deck? I was speaking with a friend yesterday who disclosed that he had a Nakamichi 480 boxed and unused since it was serviced several years ago. He was going to unbox it and check it out.

I’m resurrecting this wanted thread. I’m still looking for a decent cassette deck - up to £250. Obviously in full working order. Ideally serviced, but not essential. Original box would be highly welcome, too. What’s out there? Thanks

I have a TEAC 1050 which hasn't been touched in years. The heads will need cleaning at the very least, but if you or anyone else might be interested I'll confirm that it's still playing/recording. Allowing for a service I'm guessing it might be worth £100 + carriage? (The original box could well be among the fifty-odd in the loft.) I could throw in the tape collection for a nominal sum.

I've a Denon 3 head on my hifi shelf but unused for years; box etc. in loft as bought new. I'm in east Norwich; maybe in your locality. If interested, I'll check it out but in reality, I think it'll need a fair wind to operate fully after lying idle for so long, albeit in my living room.

Don't forget B&O ,had a Beocord 5000 for several months - remarkably good sound for a 2 header - reminded me of my old Nakamiichi 600.

Don't forget B&O ,had a Beocord 5000 for several months - remarkably good sound for a 2 header - reminded me of my old Nakamiichi 600.
No chance that you might still have the dedicated perspex cover for your old Nakamichi 600, I never managed to find one for mine?

Thanks for the offers. Really looking for ones to plug and play. I am currently running a Technics RS-B355, a well-regarded budget deck back in 1989. Looking for one out-perform that. Might be a tough ask for £200.

I have reduced the asking for my Nakamichi LX3 to £200...its in classified on this forum.

advertisement

Back