advertisement

[WTD] Decent cassette deck

Countryman

Semi-reformed box-swapper
Looking for a decent cassette deck. Must be in great nick and ready to go. No projects or belt replacements needed, please. If it’s boxed, even better. Delivery to Suffolk needed or local collection. Thinking something from late 80s/early 90s. Technics, Yamaha, Pioneer Precision, Nakamichi etc. Budget is £100-£250.
Please no comments on merits of cassettes :)
Thank you.

I have something…3 head…I think it is a Yamaha…I will check it out now…I am Biggleswade…£100 ono would be fine….got a few new tapes you can have with it….No box but that isn’t a problem with collection or possible delivery or meet up.

Last edited:
It is an Aiwa AD-F810…and is 3 head.

If you are interested…send a pm and I will send you a few photos.

For an extra £15…I can include 4 Linn Black analogue RCA Interconnects.

Last edited:
Thanks to all for the offers and messages. Let me do some reading around on each one. Thanks again.

The Aiwa is now connected to my hifi...it can be demonstrated...if you are interested....tea/coffee and chocolate biscuits will be provided!

Have you got a tape loop in order to make recordings? Not so easy these days now that amps are basically a box with a volume control.

Just reading around, checking the availability of blank (new) cassettes and trying to see if I can uncover my old collection anywhere. Yes, my amp has tape in and record out, thanks. Reliability will be key as I have no experience in changing belts. Yet.

@Countryman belt changes can be relatively easy or downright fiddly.

I've just changed the belts on my Aiwa AD-F850 (brilliant 3 head machine). I've had three of these (2 sold, one available to buy) and they are very straightforward. I use Thakker belts from Germany.

There are also some decks that have no belts at all. Some are termed direct drive.

I'll be selling more of my decks, but hopefully you'll find something suitable.

advertisement

Back