advertisement

dCS Network Bridge-any reason not to?

Bear in mind comparing Apples to Apples - that MU1 up and downsamples the signal that goes out via AES so you would really be looking at Aries + Sirius. The dCS and Lumin do the same as the MU1. You can always implement re-sampling via software

Thanks Amber ...

I don't really care if it up-samples then down-samples then does the hokey cokey or whatever - I just want to know how incredibly good the potential of the dCS is as a pure transport in the way that dCS choose to nurture the data before it reaches the DAC?

Thanks Amber ...

I don't really care if it up-samples then down-samples then does the hokey cokey or whatever - I just want to know how incredibly good the potential of the dCS is as a pure transport in the way that dCS choose to nurture the data before it reaches the DAC?
Sorry can’t say, I ruled it out due to the reasons that have been mentioned, I was just pointing out you’re not talking about a pure Transport aka Network Bridge ala Pi, the units in this price range generally have some extra shenanigans going on inside and not all do it the same. FWIW a Lumin was on my list to demo instead of the dCS Bridge.

Sorry can’t say, I ruled it out due to the reasons that have been mentioned, I was just pointing out you’re not talking about a pure Transport aka Network Bridge ala Pi, the units in this price range generally have some extra shenanigans going on inside and not all do it the same. FWIW a Lumin was on my list to demo instead of the dCS Bridge.

OK thanks - you were obviously impressed with the Lumin ....

I haven't had the dCS Bridge at home - I went from an aging Chord DAC 64 + Moon Mind 180 to dCS Bartok to dCS Rossini.

@simon g has a point about the Mosaic app.
It is not the best out there; I much prefer the Moon Mind app (on Apple devices).
I had another look at the Mosaic app ten days ago and despite improvements this re-acquaintance confirmed my opinion.

Get something that has a really good native app or go for Roon (as I have). Being comfortable with the app is much more important than many would have you believe.

I haven't had the dCS Bridge at home - I went from an aging Chord DAC 64 + Moon Mind 180 to dCS Bartok to dCS Rossini.

@simon g has a point about the Mosaic app.
It is not the best out there; I much prefer the Moon Mind app (on Apple devices).
I had another look at the Mosaic app ten days ago and despite improvements this re-acquaintance confirmed my opinion.

Get something that has a really good native app or go for Roon (as I have). Being comfortable with the app is much more important than many would have you believe.

Interested to know what you don't like about the dCS app?
Must admit, I can't fault it for accessibility on the iPhone
Mac

It supports AirPlay, right? So if your source is Qobuz on an iPad, iPhone, or Mac, does it matter what the app is like?

Interested to know what you don't like about the dCS app?
Must admit, I can't fault it for accessibility on the iPhone
Mac
NB: this is really only of interest to those of us who are visually challenged.
If you're into large screens (27 inch iMac, for example) rather than speech synthesis (Voiceover and Siri), there is much better out there than the Mosaic app. I must admit that I've never seen any feedback on visual accessibility for other apps, though (I don't subscribe to any handicap-related sites or press).

Last edited:
I have a rossini and use the mosaic app and don't find it to be a problem at all, it starts up fine every time, it doesn't drop out, it finds the music OK, it also finds my stored music OK. I am not that bothered about reading lots of pages about the drums dog or what the weather was like when the recording was done, I just want the album to be found, the track list displayed and it to work, yes there is a bit information than that but, I am not interested in it, I just want to listen to the music.

I have a dCS Bridge on loan - the app is rather utilitarian however it gets on with the job (I'm used to Auralic's UI).

However as a transport to my Audio Note 0.1x it's amazing! The AN sounds so much better than my other streaming transports - infinitely so!

I am currently enjoying this combo but just to make sure this isn't fluke I will plug the AN back into the SPDIF of the Auralic Mini and see if the SQ takes a big nosedive ... watch this space.

Thats impossible. Any fule nose all streamers are the same (even a cheap pi or SBT) and perceived differences cannot be real. :rolleyes: (Cue Keith)
Enjoy the NB.

advertisement

Back