advertisement

Crypto Currency Trading Platforms

richardg

Admonishtrator
Does anyone know one that is honest, reliable and does not mess you about when trying to get your money out? I keep reading horrendous reviews on trustpilot for some that are supposedly decent.

There is nothing honest or reliable about anything remotely related to cryptocurrencies.

Best tell Visa and MasterCard and all the rest of the institutions clamouring to get on board.

What are you wanting to do Rich? Crypto.com is about as legit and noob friendly as it gets.

Best tell Visa and MasterCard and all the rest of the institutions clamouring to get on board.

What are you wanting to do Rich? Crypto.com is about as legit and noob friendly as it gets.
Just mess about really. Noob I am. Cheers, I'll look at it.

The Bank of England are thinking about setting up their own version. It’s not going away but I wouldn’t bet my pension on it currently.

There is nothing honest or reliable about anything remotely related to cryptocurrencies.

Yep. Reminds me of The South Sea Bubble. The basic concept has merit, but as things stand at the moment, I wouldn't touch it with a greasy bargepole.

You may call me a clueless naysayer to your heart's content.

I know close to nothing about that crypto thing. But I’m sure I’d suddenly learn a hell of a lot about it on the day I make a massive loss. As did many who were as clueless as me but who shut up about their losses.

Last edited:
Starting out www.coinbase.com is fine, just watch out for the fees, once you get into how it all works there are ways to keep the fees to a minimum. Like Matt says crypto.com is good also. Paypal are also onboard now.
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/crypto

Ignore the FUD and naysayers and clueless, crypto is here to stay.
PayPal fees are quite high when changing euros to sterling, 4%. I'm looking for their fees here. Suspicious it will be too high.

At £1000 it's 1.5% on purchase and then again on sale.

I know close to nothing about that crypto thing. But I’m sure I’d suddenly learn a hell of a lot about it on the day I make a massive loss. As did many who were as clueless as me but who shut up about their losses.

Yes, you'd learn like every other retail noob not to sell it when it was down and not to buy back in when it is pumping again. It's not crypto that is the problem it is idiots.

Yes, you'd learn like every other retail noob not to sell it when it was down and not to buy back in when it is pumping again. It's not crypto that is the problem it is idiots.
If you think this is all you have to know in order to invest sensibly, you're on the losing end from the onset.

Contrary to what they say at the pub, making money is not easy. Never. If it were, said guys wouldn't be at the pub. Making money on a steady basis for a long period requires a lot of work, no matter whether you choose to do it legally, illegally, by working for a company, investing, or opening a business. Some have the luxury to invest successfully only by listening to their 'guts', but acquiring these takes a lot of sweat and investment, same as for all other skills. This is what I learned by myself and through two other investors who told me the truth, which you don't hear often in this field.

You are right saying that it's the idiots who pay. But among the people who definitely have this status, very few know about it, and even fewer of them act accordingly, by generally staying away from things they don't have a clue about. Losing a couple of thousand £ often gives them an excellent lesson.

PayPal fees are quite high when changing euros to sterling, 4%. I'm looking for their fees here. Suspicious it will be too high.

At £1000 it's 1.5% on purchase and then again on sale.
Like I said there are ways to avoid the high fees, look at Exchanges - Kraken, Binance, Kucoin and Bitstamp and their T&C and Fee structures. I use Revolut to swap £ to other currencies.

As an example using Coinbase and Coinbase Pro (used to be called GDAX). Link a Bank Account to Coinbase (I use First Direct some UK banks won't link, Google lets you know who will/won't at present), do a BACs or SWIFT, move the money to Coinbase Pro - all Free. Use Limit and Stop orders. Fees to take cash in and out are Zero.

It's not that different to Stock Market investing, same principles apply - research, learn, due diligence, don't invest what will hurt you badly to lose and filter out the bullshit.

For anyone in the UK, worth noting that HMRC receives the details of your crypto purchases from the exchanges, and any time you sell crypto you are liable for CGT. At the moment they are just sending helpful "nudge" letters.

advertisement

Back