advertisement

Cricket 2023

I think it’s difficult to take each situ on its own merits. It not natural human nature to do so…

I'd have thought being a sanctimonious hypocrite would be a failing greater than calling it but perhaps not ??

One more for you Woodface-

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricke...597dd821d71866319c5b71c50a?recommendedCount=0
How about just being sanctimonious?

I absolutely guarantee you will be a hypocrite, we all are.

I don’t think Australia needed to do it & I don’t think it changed the game.

I also think Australia have a very poor track record when it comes to cheating & moaning when things don’t go their way. England probably not as bad but I am not about to do exhaustive empirical research.

Does that satisfy you high moral standards?

Neither can I as me and yon lad have tickets for the Truman Stand. Cricket hat, sun cream and Sky radio thingy which clips to your ear all packed and ready to go. A cost free day for me too - the deal is I bought the tickets so my son buys the beer and food all day.

Excellent Spraggon, you lucky thing. Opening day? Hope the weather behaves for you. Tbh thesedays with the travel from near the sea west wales, a ticket is out of reach for me. But, I did once do rather well at Headingley..

I was doing a 2 month film shoot in Leeds, bbc, & my posh digs Id set up fell through last minute, & so estate agent offered me best they could: a flat in 'student central' for the week until my digs ready. Urgh. So I met the rep on student street, TMS on in the car (Strauss & Trescothick batting) whilst waiting for her. She showed me up to the flat. I looked out of rear window & low & behold.. the perfect view of Headingley, & the Ashes!

It's the middle one, of those red-brick pointed-eaves houses you still see on the tv just over the stand, long off.
"I'm sorry" she said "it's all we could do". :)

Capt.

I guess they've brought in Woakes and dropped Tongue due to his better batting. Pleased to see Wood is playing although I would have rested Broad in favour of Tongue. There could have also been a case for Lawrence in place of Woakes.
Looking forward to the test though.

It's set reasonable fair. Thursday the odd shower, Friday will be hot by the looks of things, but Saturday afternoon thunderstorms could be troublesome.

It's set reasonable fair. Thursday the odd shower, Friday will be hot by the looks of things, but Saturday afternoon thunderstorms could be troublesome.

My crystal ball says Oz win toss and bat. we bowl them out by tea for 200 and then make the most of Fridays sunshine and Saturday morning to post 450. They bat well in their second innings but leave us with only 50 to get. So England win by the end of day four.

I'd sell two types of red 80 grit big A4 sandpaper sheets. One would have Smith's crying babyface on the rear side, & my other variety has simply "500-1" on the back. £4 a sheet.

I think Tongue must have a tiny niggle, or failing that, we've put our chances all in on drawing this test (or winning it at a long shot) & keeping him fresh for the fourth test. Then could it be Wood & Tongue, matching them for the short fast stuff at the Oval, & Robinson misses out-?

The team has been selected on the basis of success adapting to a new shot in the nets. It involves a 180 degree spin and belting it straight at Carey with just 1 bounce. :)

I’m really surprised they’ve dropped Tongue but Wood is like for like I suppose.

I suspect Tongue has never bowled so many full-speed overs in 3 days in his playing life so far. He’ll need a few days and plenty of hot baths before he stops going ‘ow’ if anyone brushes against him!

I suspect Tongue has never bowled so many full-speed overs in 3 days in his playing life so far. He’ll need a few days and plenty of hot baths before he stops going ‘ow’ if anyone brushes against him!

Looking after the young bowlers? That'd be a welcome change...

advertisement

Back