advertisement

Cricket 2023

It was a lazy shot but not the wrong one. He tried to use his feet to get to the pitch to nullify the spin and push it to mid wicket for a single.

The ball pitched outside off stump turned sharply to leg, flicking his pad on the way through to the keeper. It was a smart take by the keeper too.

Crawley should have stepped back on a spin ball going down his legside, not gone rushing forward. Stupidity for sure @The Captain

Look at the way Duckett played his 50. Sensibly, bar one shot (mirror image of how he got out last test) which you always ride a bit of luck. No bazball in existence in this 61*. In fact, bar that waltz, the whole inngs has been bazball-free & the most solid we've been for it.

See Creepy's face clapping his 50 on the balcony? Looked envious, the big muppet!

It was a lazy shot but not the wrong one. He tried to use his feet to get to the pitch to nullify the spin and push it to mid wicket for a single.

The ball pitched outside off stump turned sharply to leg, flicking his pad on the way through to the keeper. It was a smart take by the keeper too.

Totally the wrong shot. He danced down to on-drive it, but mid waltz he tempered this impulse to just paddle it, by which time he was stranded. When he was in 48! Not the wrong shot? He needed 2 piddly singles. THEN if the handbrake came off once on 50.. there's some justification. Some. Just.

Genuinely, do you actually know anything about the game?

Ducket’s batting is about as streaky as it gets. His technique outside of off stump is poor, his foot movement is fairly non existent and he relies too much on using his hands and wrists. He’s the new Rory Burns but with a better eye.

Do you know how many times he left the ball outside of off stump in his 50 runs? That’s right. Not once. Hardly captain sensible is it?

And Pope does something really stupid and holes out. That really is stupid.

And but for a no ball Root should follow.

Steady lads. It’s still a long way to 400.

First thing I read after some gardening thinking how we've finally got in the correct mindset against this side..

"There wasn't a slip, there wasn't a gully. Ollie Pope has just slogged that straight down Steve Smith's neck. I agree with Bazball, but you've got to have a brain as well" (Tuffers)

I haven't seen yet, but sounds like bazball idiotic dismissal no.2. Shall we just serve them this test on a plate too-?

Alot more than you by all accounts @Euan your post is 100% claptrap. I watched his every shot, the whole session. Duckett bar one or two false shots, was rock solid this time, yes he was.

And yes too.. I've played for Warwickshire so I do know a thing or two. You?

Alot more than you by all accounts @Euan your post is 100% claptrap. I watched his every shot, the whole session. Duckett bar one or two false shots, was rock solid this time, yes he was.

And yes too.. I've played for Warwickshire so I do know a thing or two. You?

You spoke too soo - he's let you down...

Opened and wicket kept for my team in the top division so I’ve seen it from the pointy end too.

You really are a vile creature. You completely trolled the Glastonbury thread and now you’re here doing it on the cricket thread.

Just because you have an opinion, doesn’t mean it’s right or proper to share it.

For the first time in my forum life, you become the first person that I have ever put on an ignore list.

Congratulations and good bye.

That's 3 wickets given away, I don't mind seeing a batsman out to a good ball but not one of those 3 balls deserved a wicket. Duckett has to learn to leave a ball now and again.

Jesus. England really are missing out on some fine minds here. Ducket has been very unlucky there, Pope had the right idea but it came off the top of the bat.

Bowlers are trying to get them out, it’s supposed to be hard. Even the best batsman make a mistake at this level.

I've really enjoyed today's play. Some great cricket from England to get right back into it and then Australia fought back with some excellent bowling. Gripping stuff!

The one thing I don't like about this England team is a quite a few of them seem to have gone for a Noel Edmonds "tidybeard" look. Need to go clean shaven or full WG Grace IMHO.

Joe Root's looks good cause it's just stubble. The big offenders are Stokes and, especially, Duckett.

advertisement

Back