advertisement

Cricket 2023

Possibly. But I see it as often happen with a straight up seam, as one that's angled. I'm just suggesting it's another lovely cricket mystery which adds to why it's the greatest sport. No such mysteries in that ghastly baseball claptrap.

There are no mysteries, a slightly misshapen ball no doubt. Having the ability to master the swing is another matter. There is some randomness because the ball bounces but it's all Newtonian physics.

There are no mysteries, a slightly misshapen ball no doubt.

Oh there are gaverid, a ton of doubt about a new ball with upright seam, & reverse swing the most obvious mystery having various theories, & the headingly's snakes & demons being the next most obvious mystery. It all adds to the game. Mysteries are great in cricket. No other sport can compare.

Loving this Broad vs bunny scrap.

Tongue lashing! Well the main one gone, but even so they're already a step ahead. 73-2 would've been parity.

Gorgeous ball, very unexpected after a fair ammount of filth preceeding it from our mr.T.

Just flicked the cricket on to hear KP pontificating, cannot stand him, utter nob. It's not going England's way but we don't need to be told by that tosser.

Well this is going to (my plan) once Aus put in. Predictable & Im annoyed, again.

KP just spitting feathers about england on Sky sports ( also spitting a few about our declaration "you think Aus will declare on 390 this innings-?!" ) mistakes, bowling, fielding, attitude, everything & all chummy chums waiting & nattering with the batsmen edge of the field "You think we'd be doing that with Ponting & Co-?!".

Never seen him like that. Whoa.

Sorry but -another- stinking mistake from Stokes, to bowl first. Even if one of those chances had been taken.

Just flicked the cricket on to hear KP pontificating, cannot stand him, utter nob. It's not going England's way but we don't need to be told by that tosser.

Yes. We do need to be told that. A nob, but he was absolutely spot on.

First ball after tea.. 4.. a fielding mistake.

FFS!!

Must say they've batted bloody well today. Shown us a bit of a 1st inngs masterclass. No team has done this to us in the past 18 months of bazball. This is the difference you see. I bet the odds on an Aus win are up to summat like 75-25. Again.

If only they paid more attention to 'experts'.

It's just common sense- you don't declare on 393 in any situation ( in a 5 day test), especially not when your best batsman & one of the top 3 in the world (if not the very best), is absolutely flying hitting sixes & fours with abandon. And especially not against Aus who've just been crowned the best test team in the world, in the Ashes too. It gifted them a huge advantage.

And 3 experts have concurred with this Woodywoodface: Aggers, Vaughan, & KP (& no doubt many, many others too).

So yes I agree- he should have paid more attention to experts. And you know Woodywoodface, very well, that Aussies were cock a hoop at that declaration.. though your pride won't let you admit it on here. No way.

This absurd Baz ball the Australians are playing will soon get found out. You cannot bat like this in English conditions and expect to get away with it in test match cricket!

And just like that! Travis goes with a wild swing after only scoring 77 off 73 deliveries! You simply cannot bat like that on day 1 of a test in English conditions!

The problem with this for England is that much spin this early, Nathan Lyon is going to have a field day.

Root a toot toot!! 2 criminals in an over!! Another 2 tonight & well well we're remarkably back on track.

And if tomorrow, they declare on 393-9 when Smiths on 118.. it'll be nearly 50-50!!

I wonder why Raham hasn't bowled though.

advertisement

Back