advertisement

Cricket 2023

I want a t-shirt with Steve Smith crying on the front, & 501-1 written on the back.

Cor that Boland crim looks like an ape.

I think he was undoubtedly bullied by Warner, who was probably a national hero in Oz and therefore undroppable. I think that Warner was the driving force because he was secretly scared out of his mind by losing and was willing to do absolutely anything to win.

It wasn't nice for me to see the humiliation Smith went through when the story finally broke. He's now so obviously like a broken vase that's been glued back together badly, he's leaking all over the place.

He could end up like Trott, who thankfully made a recovery. Smith could end up worse than that.
He was the captain. Don’t like Warmer either but Smith is a horrible cheat. The Aussies have always been very nasty in terms of their sledging etc, I remember Steve Waugh going on about the spirit of cricket. Laughable.

If the rain we've had this morning is any guide, two solid hours of storms and torrential rain, there won't be much chance of a result.

fb169208-8c4f-48d8-8bb9-95b66bb87bb0.jpg

It should drain reasonably quickly even though it looks dreadful. A lot will depend on the timing of second bank of rain coming in behind later on.

Harumph. I wish BBC reporters would acknowledge the sources they nick their info from. Surprised it took him twelve hours to see my post though. Perhaps he was busy arguing about cables, or Dualits.
As a leading meteorologist and former Test player (my modesty and desire for anonymity mean I can’t say more) my feelings are these… despite my currently sitting outside in the evening sun under blue skies just 12 miles south of the match, the forecast suggests heavy morning rain - so probably no play before lunch, and maybe until 3-ish. Australia will then need to score at a faster rate than they did this afternoon, in potentially dodgier conditions and possibly being interrupted by one or two further showers.
Ooh, I’m a hyperlink! I wonder how I managed that?

If they do start after lunch that would leave 50 or 60 overs in the day - tough to score at 4 an over to win the game on a slow pitch with an old ball but taking seven wickets is eminently possible especially if the overhead conditions are favourable for the bowler. It could be an epic end to a fantastic first test.

advertisement

Back