advertisement

Cricket 2023

No more England Test cricket until late January - and it`s only early August - half the team will have retired by then.

B***er the hundred.

I've already got withdrawal symptoms. I'm slightly depressed & wandering about aimlessly. I need more of it. I wish there was an hours highlights of the series, actually make that 90mins. Wtf am I gonna do until midwinter?!

I am exhausted by it though. Spent. But in a completely satisfied way. My goodness.. the rain ruining the 4th test, & how I checked the weather radar like never before. Urgh. I think I need drugs to help quel my slightly lost misery.

The fines seem harsh, but bowling 12 overs in one hour (the Aussies were the same) is very slow play. The problem is to much talking between balls, how to solve it, every over short, add 5 runs to the score for the batting team.

Start earlier and make them complete the xx overs rather than a timed day’s play (subj to light). As your teacher might have said, “it’s your time you’re wasting”.

Start earlier and make them complete the xx overs rather than a timed day’s play (subj to light). As your teacher might have said, “it’s your time you’re wasting”.

The problem with an earlier start is the crowd getting there in time. But letting the play continue until, say, 8pm to get the overs in would seem reasonable all round (subj to light).

The fines seem harsh, but bowling 12 overs in one hour (the Aussies were the same) is very slow play. The problem is too much talking between balls, how to solve it, every over short, add 5 runs to the score for the batting team.

5 runs an over? Cheating the England side, and over-compensating the Aussies! ;)

@Whaleblue I wasn't going on statistics, just two equally talented teams. If they cannot bowl 90 overs in one day something is wrong somewhere. That is why I said, 5 runs per over short of that would be fair to both teams.

The problem with an earlier start is the crowd getting there in time. But letting the play continue until, say, 8pm to get the overs in would seem reasonable all round (subj to light).
Shouldn’t be a problem. Check out how many spectators are at The Open Golf for the first tee times before most people open their eyes.

Shouldn’t be a problem. Check out how many spectators are at The Open Golf for the first tee times before most people open their eyes.

Ah, but there are other issues. For example golf spectators don’t start on the ale as soon as they’re comfortable in their seats!

advertisement

Back