advertisement

Cricket 2023

They ran the world champions very close, and if not for the rain…

Superb. Clearly demonstrates what a positive mental attitude can do. Remember back to Hobart, that’s all I’ll say!

What a mad finish, that’s SPOTY sorted then … well played Stuart Broad, when I heard this morning that a good friend had passed in Carlisle over the weekend I knew we’d get a result today!

what a close series, the loss of Nathan Lyon was crucial as were England dropped catches in the early games - isn’t Test Cricket exciting when it’s close?

It's been a brilliant series and but for the Manchester weather the Ashes would be England's. That said it could quite easily have been 5-0 to either side such were the fine margins between the two sides. Overall though what a brilliant advertisement for test cricket, still the purest from of the game in my book. Well played to both sides - neither deserved to lose really.

Funny isn’t it, all the carping from ‘experts’ re Bazball & most of the selections have worked out. Crawley & Duckett have been major factors, Bairstow has improved & Woakes/Wood have added a new dimension.

Australia will be gutted today, they really have squandered the initiative.

My son (28) was there today lucky thing. He’s never watched cricket in his life but but now a fan. Edgbaston 2005 last day comparisons of course so Dad gets cred now . This has been a great series though.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back