advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XXIV

Just had my 4th jab. Pharmacist told me to expect flu like symptoms with this new Pfizer multivarient shot. I asked about take up and she said it’s really increased over the last few weeks. I suspect the easing of restrictions in China has made people think!

I had the bivalent Pfizer shot last week. The side effects afterward were much like having the flu. Short lived symptoms but severe enough that I could watch only three episodes of Trek.

Joe

I had the bivalent Pfizer shot last week. The side effects afterward were much like having the flu. Short lived symptoms but severe enough that I could watch only three episodes of Trek.

Joe
I've nearly got halfway through The Orville S3, and to my delight the audio is now Dolby Atmos! Hopefully the symptoms won't prevent me watching the remaining episodes.

On a more serious note I'm going to ISE in Barcelona in early Feb and there will be in excess of 75k people there, many from China. Apart from one bout of CV19 a year ago I have been OK since and hopefully my natural immunity and the 4th jab will protect me fully.

Just had my 4th jab. Pharmacist told me to expect flu like symptoms with this new Pfizer multivarient shot. I asked about take up and she said it’s really increased over the last few weeks. I suspect the easing of restrictions in China has made people think!
We had that vaccine well before Christmas (wife & myself) and both had zero issues whatsoever.
We did manage to get covid some 2-3 weeks later, but that was to all intents a heavy head cold for us.
Very thankful to have been vaccinated when we were.
Both classed as 'vulnerable'
YMMV obviously!

"Since 2010, almost 9,000 general and acute beds have been lost in England. Of these, 5,000 were closed in March 2020 for the sake of social distancing and infection control. They have never reopened, because the NHS does not have the money required to reorganise its buildings."

"n the same month that the government closed 5,000 NHS beds, it block-booked all 8,000 beds in England’s private hospitals, and covered their entire operating costs. In return, these hospitals were required to do … nothing. It was free money. Rather than relieving the pandemic pressure, the 187 private hospitals treated, between them, a grand total of eight Covid patients a day. And, perhaps because they were now being paid merely for existing, they greatly reduced the other NHS-funded procedures they handled."

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-and-e-tories-nhs-hospital-government-funding

And yet, on the 'privatisation' thread, some are arguing that privatisation enables things to be run more efficiently.

Privatisation is about a race to the bottom. That's what the drive for profit does - if they don't behave that way they'll go bust or be taken over because the shareholders won't have it. If you do run that kind of model then it needs to be heavily regulated to work in the public interest.

Not before time - how this clown remains in parliament is beyond me.
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ridgen-loses-whip-over-covid-vaccine-comments

"Tories acted to chuck Bridgen out of party for his obscene misinformation on vax. What are UK medical societies doing about the doctor, Malhotra, who fed him the lies & misinformation? Why the silence? Vax disinfo matters for Covid boosters BUT also future vax & pandemics 1/2"

https://twitter.com/chrischirp/status/1613183189895233536/photo/1

Safety of the fourth COVID-19 BNT162b2 mRNA (second booster [Pfizer]) vaccine: a prospective and retrospective cohort study

The retrospective cohort included 94 169 participants who received the first booster and 17 814 who received the second booster. Comparing the 42 days before and after vaccination, the second booster was not associated with any of the 25 adverse events investigated, including myocardial infarction (risk difference, 2·25 events per 10 000 individuals [95% CI –3·93 to 8·98]) and Bell's Palsy (–1·68 events [–5·61 to 2·25]). None of the individuals was diagnosed with myocarditis or pericarditis following vaccination with the second booster.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(22)00407-6/fulltext

Covid hospital admissions in England are falling, however, new grandchildren of Omicron are growing (CH.1.1 & XBB.1.5). Update later

Update as promised. Note that I've changed to x-scale. Zoe suggests that the case numbers have been higher than in the previous peak so we're probably seeing some effect of the current hospital difficulties in the recent data but the trend is pretty apparent. 737 (9-1)

advertisement

Back