advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
A major concern was that hospitals would be overwhelmed by Covid admissions. If that is not the case then that is good. I am not clear what some people here think we need to continue to do re restrictions and at what point it will be acceptable to begin to accept it like we do flu?

Firstly, as I have REPEATEDLY POINTED OUT this is NOT the 'Flu,

SECONDLY

Because we are already seeing transmission in kids (and in the USA Child deaths). Aside from that, as I have REPEATEDLY stated, viral tansmission WILL result in Viral mutation. WHY is it so had for you people to understand this?

A major concern was that hospitals would be overwhelmed by Covid admissions. If that is not the case then that is good. I am not clear what some people here think we need to continue to do re restrictions and at what point it will be acceptable to begin to accept it like we do flu?
I am told by relatives that many hospitals have stopped most non emergency admissions, because enough people are very ill. Flu just doesn't do this outside a couple of months in winter. The UK does not have enough wards and nurses for this to be status quo.

No sign of that being done and training the medical staff takes years.
I guess that they might resort to the recruiting from overseas trick again, which devastates the source countries health systems

SECONDLY

Because we are already seeing transmission in kids (and in the USA Child deaths). Aside from that, as I have REPEATEDLY stated, viral tansmission WILL result in Viral mutation. WHY is it so had for you people to understand this?

I don't know about the members of this forum, but I'd imagine the attitude with some members of the general public will be like this because the government couldn't GAF and aren't leading by example. Just look at the amount of maskless MPs in the House of Commons yesterday, together with no social distancing. HoC? House of COVID...

SECONDLY

I appreciate your expertise in the field but I think you’re over reacting somewhat to the post - the poster made a comparison to acceptance of mortality rate as we do with strains of influenza virus that’s all.

the viral mutation part of what I consider the scariest

The hospitals have as many patients now as in mid-March and it's only going upward. With flu in a bad year (not every year by any means), all routine operations are cancelled and the hospitals run at full capacity for a couple of months over winter. With covid we are talking about that becoming the new norm year round. So what do you do? Build hospitals, recruit doctors and nurses, which they haven't started to do? Double funding to the nhs? It just isn't going to happen - therefore, the country can't afford (from a good health pov) to be doing what it is doing just now.

SECONDLY

Debs, your knowledge and experience are very valuable and relevant here and I’ve found your technical input extremely enlightening. But your aggression is very off putting and it has reached the point, for me, that this undermines whatever value your post may have added. You’ve missed the point of the post you’ve replied to here, and you got aggressive over some ‘mansplaining’ a few pages back when I found it difficult to support your characterisation of it as such. And I’m personally offended by the ‘you people’ approach here, like you are setting yourself above, for some reason.

So, with some reluctance, I’m considering putting you on ignore, because this thread is difficult enough without unnecessary heat and aggression and, on balance, your insight isn’t worth the additional stress it creates in me. I really don’t like the ignore function, so please believe me when I say I’m reluctant to use it.

Given this latest information coupled with the increased transmissible of Delta, I am really surprised to see the number of infections in the UK hovering around the 25-30k. I realise the little COVID spreaders who we used to refer to as our children in yonder-years are not rammed 30 to a classroom at the moment but are there any other reason why we are not in the 100k and rising scenario as I and many others predicted by now?

and cancer, heart disease, kidney disease, chronic pain etc etc. It's all fine until you need it. I can't even get a routine blood test at my local GP

I never said it was fine, I’m suggesting that it’s an strategy which may work as far as covid response is concerned, may be commensurate with conservative values, and may be sellable to the public.

SECONDLY

I DID NOT SAY IT WAS FLU.

WHY not Answer the QUESTION I ASKED?

Actually, don't bother.

I never said it was fine, I’m suggesting that it’s an strategy which may work as far as covid response is concerned, may be commensurate with conservative values, and may be sellable to the public.

I think they're brewing serious problems for themselves. Breaking the pensions triple lock and severely rationing health care - on top of Brexit woes

You reduce people’s expectations about NHS provision for elective procedures.

Wow! Expectations are so low already that NHS mandarins are estimating that at least 10 million people with serious but treatable condtions are not attending GP surgeries because they realise the NHS is on its knees. How low do you want to go? Should the population receive a refund on money paid in taxes to have this service (just about) available?

I DID NOT SAY IT WAS FLU.

WHY not Answer the QUESTION I ASKED?

Actually, don't bother.

But you did and you failed to grasp that this is in addition to the 'flu. so at the moment that is 60,000 deaths on top of what we 'all used to living with'

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back