advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what skills and knowledge do you possess to know how to even begin looking troll?

And what skills and knowledge do you possess to know how to even begin looking troll?

As much as I vehemently disagree with most of what mandryka writes I don't think it's fair to label him a troll. He has a different opinion to most on here and voices it without any name calling and in a pretty literate manner. Not having a go at you per se Bob, but the term troll is chucked around on this forum all too readily when really it shouldn't be and (IMO) should be addressed a little more by the moderation. I get you and others find his constant optimistic posts about the government irritating (so do I), but it's not trolling, it's just having an opinion diametrically opposed to that of most of the regulars on here.

It's that he still espouses that government-is-doing-a-wonderful-job-on-CV point of view even when patiently taken through facts which show his position to be, well, just wrong and having zero basis in truth that makes his subsequent behaviour look troll-like.

OK last comment on this, but the definition of an Internet Troll is something along the lines of "someone who makes intentionally rude or inflammatory statements so as to generate strong and/or emotional responses in others or to move discussions off-topic." That is not the case here.

To be frank I think pfm has a problem in general with the term troll and this is another example of it.

Anyway best get back on topic in case I get accused of trolling....... again ;)

Lies of the father and of the son.
Stanley “I’m still going to go to the pub during any lockdown” Johnson has just pulled a Barnard Castle, Greek-style. One rule for the Elites and another for the rest of us...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...reign-office-travel-restriction-a9597401.html

Boris Johnson’s father has travelled to Greece to prepare his second home as a holiday let despite strict Foreign Office advice against all but essential international travel.

Due to to Greece extending its ban on flights arriving in the country from the UK until the middle of July, the prime minister’s father was reported to have travelled to the country’s capital via Bulgaria.

“I’m in Pelion on essential business trying to Covid-proof my property in view of the upcoming letting season. I need to set up distancing measures at the property because they’re taking it very seriously here.”

The Greek government should quarantine then deport him.

I can no longer believe that what is going on is incompetence and have decided we are all part of some social experiment or game show for the country's elite.

Just reading summaries of the last 24 hours' news:

Having recently introduced quarantine (far too late) for 'all' (with obvious exemptions for the 'elite') visitors to the country the government have now decided to scrap that for people travelling from a long list of countries with no logic as to which countries are on the list... some of which is laughable e.g. Spain is on the list, Portugal isn't.... have these people looked at a map since Brexit or has Europe been expunged geographically as well as politically. There is also zero enforcement of said quarantine anyway so it's borderline (see what I did there) pointless in the first place. On top of that the foreign office is about to lift its advice not to travel to a huge number of destinations in order to get the flying petri-dishes back into the air and spread the UK's virus ridden population far and wide.

Having decided to open pubs on a Saturday to maximise the number of people who can go to the pub and get drunk (no work Sunday) to ensure the pubs are overrun and the virus has the maximum chance of mass transmission it was obvious to the government that too many still weren't getting the message so the PM and other government luminaries have started reminding people that they shouldn't overdo it or get drunk .... to ensure the target audience all realise it's a Saturday and they should do exactly that to defy the government and show them what post-Brexit Britain is all about... after all we didn't win two world wars and some Eurovisions to cower from a virus when there's beer and fighting to be had.

Having promised us all that the schools would only go back when it was safe for them to do so Williamson told us all yesterday that all children must go back to school in September regardless and there would be legal repercussions if they didn't. To ice that particular virus laden cake he gleefully informed us there would be no social distancing at schools. The message now is that getting back to the classroom, where pupils' education, health and wellbeing needs are best met, now trumps the risk of infection.... so why close them in the first place? Apparently this news was hugely popular with a large number of other MPs and parents, the latter of which must have realised that their own kids are so ****ing annoying that getting them back in to school and away from them is worth it even if it increases their own risk of contracting Covid-19 from their 'little darlings' and killing their own elderly parents as a result.

Perhaps defenders of the Government could explain this kind of thing? Obviously handing out cash to Tory donors is a given, but I can’t understand this behaviour unless there’s a hidden backhander somewhere.

I know we have a Government who’ve had enough of experts and who are fulfilling their promises to ‘f67k business’, but in a national crisis?

Lifestyle Company with No Employees or Trading History Handed £25 Million PPE Contract

Stephen

Ditto. Who else takes the time to post links or headline quotes in huge point sizes? It's bloody typographic trolling.

For goodness sake he isn't 'taking any time' to do that, he's just cutting and pasting from the sites where the links are and that copies the font size, bolding etc. (or at least it does in Chrome on a Mac), if there's any criticism it should be levelled at the Xenforo editor as it probably shouldn't do that.

For goodness sake he isn't 'taking any time' to do that, he's just cutting and pasting from the sites where the links are and that copies the font size, bolding etc. (or at least it does in Chrome on a Mac), if there's any criticism it should be levelled at the Xenforo editor as it probably shouldn't do that.
But but sir, it seems to be just him doing it...like I really give a fcuk.

But but sir, it seems to be just him doing it...like I really give a fcuk.

You saw fit to post about it and call it typographic trolling so I guess you do give a fcuk ;) :D Look, all I am saying is criticise what he says (it's easy enough), but don't attack him for something that is easy to do... fwiw if I copy and paste headline text from a link I actually remove the formatting and that does take time so perhaps he's a bit lazy or I'm a bit OCD ;)

You saw fit to post about it and call it typographic trolling so I guess you do give a fcuk ;) :D Look, all I am saying is criticise what he says (it's easy enough), but don't attack him for something that is easy to do... fwiw if I copy and paste headline text from a link I actually remove the formatting and that does take time so perhaps he's a bit lazy or I'm a bit OCD ;)

Doesn't take any time for me, when you've copied something and right click to paste you get the option of "paste as plain text" which just removes all the font and formatting automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back