advertisement

COP26 Any Answers?

And how long pray tell us did the burst of power last, and what was the power input required for the output? No fusion experiment has produced more power output than input and ignition has only been achieved once, this year.
I had a car like that, years ago.

ASHP, at least IMO, simply are a non starter for heating most existing housing in the UK.
Possibly those built recently with huge levels of insulation and (just as importantly) sealing off air leakage/draughts and employing mvhr. Then you stand a chance. The cost of bringing all housing to that standard is just not going to happen.
I do have my doubts that what is actually on the build spec is what actually goes into the building, in a lot of cases. I’d not be remotely surprised to find, in a few years time, that all these super-insulated new builds are nothing of the sort.

I do have my doubts that what is actually on the build spec is what actually goes into the building, in a lot of cases. I’d not be remotely surprised to find, in a few years time, that all these super-insulated new builds are nothing of the sort.

Certainly seen some truly dire insulation jobs being done, the materials go in but installation is so poorly carried out that it will never work.

I did an office many years ago, basic cheap job with mineral wool roof, double glazed and batts on the wall plus Celotex floor.

In the winter it's totally cosy if we leave a computer on overnight.

Most builders don't care when it can't be seen and it'll be the same if some government scheme rolls out insulation for all.

Will hydrogen ever be cheap enough? It's ridiculously expensive as a fuel at the moment and a lot of the supply details are due to fundamental problems, not just lack of scale.

The only people pushing hydrogen are directly connected to the oil industry - strange that............ There is absolutely no economic or environmental sense in hydrogen the near future

The cost of bringing all housing to that standard is just not going to happen.

A government sponsored report (can't find link right now) came down in favour of refurbishing rather than re-building.

Most builders don't care when it can't be seen and it'll be the same if some government scheme rolls out insulation for all.

What we need under any new scheme is 'inspectors' with real power who can drop in on schemes and 'spot check', like any other business where the operators know there is a real threat of inspection it will raise the standards all around.

I'm not in the building trade but I'd be interested to know how often any inspections are done currently from somebody in the business.

Regards

Richard

The only people pushing hydrogen are directly connected to the oil industry - strange that............ There is absolutely no economic or environmental sense in hydrogen the near future

A government sponsored report (can't find link right now) came down in favour of refurbishing rather than re-building.

What we need under any new scheme is 'inspectors' with real power who can drop in on schemes and 'spot check', like any other business where the operators know there is a real threat of inspection it will raise the standards all around.

I'm not in the building trade but I'd be interested to know how often any inspections are done currently from somebody in the business.

Regards

Richard
Ask Hifinutt - how difficult to get inspectors to stuff being done that is plainly wrong!

advertisement

Back