advertisement

Considering a HIgh End CD Transport Possibly Metronome Technologie

I have a Cambridge CXC cd-transport

I think it can easy be bettered but not by a bamboo crap dvd player

What we need is some competent and serious advise about hierarchy in cd-transport market

Pricewise I think a CXC is pretty good VFM but what is the next level(s) please !

I have found not many objects below a £1K border

(Interesting reading about the Meridian stuff, even its way out of my reach)

Im rather interested in the Accustic Arts Drive 2 CD transport but finding it difficult to find UK sellers. Any pointers???

Other high end CD Transport and DACs would be Esoteric, PS Audio and Audio Note.

If you are spending this sort of money it is worth considering spending a portion on room treatment if you haven't already done so. Frankly that will give you more bang for your buck.

That's mine Phil. Its a fabulous combo. The Drive 1 is the finest transport I have owned it comfortably bettered my Halcro EC800 that it replaced and I really liked the Halcro. I'm looking at selling these as a pair at present. I rarely play CDs these days and now have a Meitner MA1 dac. The AA Tube DAC perfomance is very close to the Meitner.

Another Meitner MA-1 user here. Found I wasn't playing many CDs because streaming had taken over. Couldn't personally justify an investment of that amount at this point in the formats evolution.

There is no such thing as high end CD transport - expensive CD transport, certainly.

Can any of these things actually read a cd correctly? - as well as, say, a £15 desktop drive or the one in a laptop?

There is no such thing as high end CD transport - expensive CD transport, certainly.

As with a TV they should all give you an acceptable image but if you want a clear well defined picture above the norm you should in most cases expect to pay for it.

As with a TV they should all give you an acceptable image but if you want a clear well defined picture above the norm you should in most cases expect to pay for it.

You mean the bits are more clear and shiny?

If you can read the data off the CD without error, and transmit it to your DAC without jitter and without inducing electrical noise, how would a "high end" transport that costs 10 times as much do it any better?

advertisement

Back