advertisement

Comfortable noise cancelling headphones

This is probably useless as I haven’t heard any of the other ‘phones mentioned so far, but my only set of wireless and noise cancelling headphones (bought on a whim) are AKG N60. I like them a lot more than I thought I would and, for the low price I paid, I’m impressed…

Get a pair of comfortable earbuds, and a bog-standard set of Stanley ear defenders from B&Q or Screwfix. Wear the ear defenders over the ear buds.

No need for pairing BT, no need for batteries, just let the ear defenders do the work.

Another very happy WH-1000XM4 owner. A godsend on long haul flights / zoom calls from home.

Had some Bose QCII Buds for all of two weeks and ended up sending them back to John Lewis for a refund - the bluetooth constantly dropping out with the solution being to factory reset / clear other bluetooth devices / delete reload the app, incredibly frustrating for what is a 'premium' product costing £279!

Lots of disgruntled QCII on the various review sites which is what I should've checked before ordering.

Now looking that the Sony WH-1000XM5 (my other half has the M4s and very happy), great reviews and incredible batt life.

The Sony M4s are remarkably stable with a surprisingly long BT reception range if find when I leave my phone in the kitchen and walk off to another room. Generally very impressed by their performance inc SQ

Now looking that the Sony WH-1000XM5 (my other half has the M4s and very happy), great reviews and incredible batt life.

I ended up buying these M5s and they're fantastic, no issues whatsoever pairing via bluetooth, nor any drop outs , SQ is also very good - this is what I was hoping for from the Bose QCII Buds, something painless!

If you’re looking for comfort there’s no better than Bose QCs. I tried Sony xm4 and got my ears sweating within several minutes. Much better sound quality than Bose though. Then, my AirPods pro2 gives better SQ than both with reasonable comfort. So, for long travels I would go Bose, for music enjoyment I would probably look elsewhere.

advertisement

Back