advertisement

Combined DAC/Pre

Its internal PSU is 12v 3.5 A

But Michal (the designer) recommends an external linear PSU with at least 7A.

I just read the HDPlex specs and in the linked test report the output at 12v is rated at just 3A so perhaps it's not really suitable. This is contradictory with what's stated in the specs...:confused:

Well, check the requirements, but Teddy Pardo does a 12V/4.5A (56W) supply for a decent price (I have one for my quiet PC).

http://www.teddypardo.com/powersupplies/teddy12-4.html

He claims better than linear cleanliness of supply. No idea, but happy with mine.

Have a word with Colin at Chevron Audio he has a new pre/dac combo coming out shortly, it will be at Scalford.

I am sure it will sound excellent and won't break the bank.

heard a nos ddac tonight here at home and it is pretty stunning

I just read the HDPlex specs and in the linked test report the output at 12v is rated at just 3A so perhaps it's not really suitable. This is contradictory with what's stated in the specs...:confused:

I don't own one, but have been following it for a while. If I remember correctly they actually increased the rated power a while ago (there have been a few different version of that model). That test linked is 2014 so may refer to an older model. I would suspect the specs listed on the webpage (i.e. 5A full-load, 7A max) are probably correct, though you could always check with them.

I don't own one, but have been following it for a while. If I remember correctly they actually increased the rated power a while ago (there have been a few different version of that model). That test linked is 2014 so may refer to an older model. I would suspect the specs listed on the webpage (i.e. 5A full-load, 7A max) are probably correct, though you could always check with them.

Thanks!

I'll probably go for a Qualiaphysic one. Although more expensive its noise levels are lower and the build quality seems to be clearly better.

BTW the Mytek Brooklyn was just delivered. My first impressions are very positive.

How about a dspeaker antimode. I just picked up a S/H one here for £375. It has anlog input (albeit with adc), dac and balanced outs. It also happens to do drc and selectable eq. AFAIKT the dac is pretty good, although the drc will do more to improve most systems (if used correctly) than the best dac in the world. In any event, even ignoring all that digital tweaking stuff, it would do the job. wven at full price it's not particularly expensive.

A great little piece of kit. The DRC is dead easy to set.

How are you getting on with yours, Adam?

Have a word with Colin at Chevron Audio he has a new pre/dac combo coming out shortly, it will be at Scalford.

I am sure it will sound excellent and won't break the bank.

I heard this dddac dac recently and its a cut above the rest
certainly many on another forum absolutely rave about it

A great little piece of kit. The DRC is dead easy to set.

How are you getting on with yours, Adam?
Sorry Matt, I have no idea how I missed this question. I'm very happy with it. It's cleaned up the bass and got rid of a horried boominess. I had a couple of evenings playing with the settings and felt pretty happy with the results. Since then I have stuck with those settings. I was going to use it to output digitally to my m-dac, but I can't really be bothered at the moment since it sounds fine to me, and it doesn't suffer from the left channel locking problem with the M-dac. The only thing I don't like is the pesky remote (I'm worried it will get lost) and lack of a headphone out

If you email Teddy Pardo with your requested specs, he might have one for you even if it's not listed on the website.

Cheers. I think Teddy Pardo has one that is compatible.

I've decided to buy a Qualiaphysic one though. It should be delivered early April.

advertisement

Back