advertisement

Christmas Wine III

I have a bunch of Ronsays and two L'Ancien 2019 and two L'Ancien 2021. I might buy some 2022 and stash.

The one I didn't care for was the white chardonnay - I know you liked it but I thought it was too meh to buy again.
I agree with you on his standard chardonnay - it was the Vinification Bourguinonne variant that appealed to me.

The one I didn't care for was the white chardonnay - I know you liked it but I thought it was too meh to buy again.
Isn't the correct expression 'bof'?

Smells like concrete and black pepper. Lighter on the palate and a darker structure to it as well. With some grip. Not the friendliest thing.
Concrete. I love that, a new one for my tasting note dictionary.

Brun L'Ancien 2019 drinking really nicely now. Brun's Beaujolais may have been designed for early consumption, but a bit of bottle age (like 5 years) does them good in my experience.
I don't think they're 'designed' for early consumption at all, the only exception being his Nouveau - he does actually make one! Even Ronsay often only really starts to sing at 18 months, and l'Ancien tends to need about 2-3 years, and can easily run for 6-8. The Le Buissy cuvée of l'Ancien that you spotted (good call!) is a plot of particularly well-sited old vines that he seems only to vinify separately in good years. I've drunk it a decade, fresh as a daisy.

Reactions: PsB
I was looking at Boscarelli vino nobile etc.
Might have a look at a Rosso di Montalcino instead.Or any advice welcome.

I was looking at Boscarelli vino nobile etc.
Might have a look at a Rosso di Montalcino instead.Or any advice welcome.
Haven't had either but Rosso are often better value. Must be a reason you mention them: only one way to find out.

Don't the Italians just have that je ne sais quoi...no, hang on, it can't be that!

The old Jeep, the poet's curls. A man after my own heart... except the Essex thing, the lank grey hair, and the posture of a man beaten. And the bloody rain.

Re Le Ronsay I loved 2019 but I really don't like 2020 -- anyone feel the same? Either chilled or at room temp.

I picked up a bottle of Le Boissy today and will open soon, maybe tomorrow.

Kumeu village chardonnay 2022,seems to get better every time I taste it.
With tabouleh and smoked tofu.
No pics phone gone bust.
Have you ever tired to buy online without a mobile."We'll send you a text to confirm its you."
Managed to stick a sim in an old £10 phone.
ps.Burgaud beaujolais villages ~12 ducats TWS.

Kumeu village chardonnay 2022,seems to get better every time I taste it.
With tabouleh and smoked tofu.
No pics phone gone bust.
Have you ever tired to buy online without a mobile."We'll send you a text to confirm its you."
Managed to stick a sim in an old £10 phone.
ps.Burgaud beaujolais villages ~12 ducats TWS.
It is an interesting 'entry' wine. I use it on people who "don't like chardonnay" and it seems to work.
But the Estate is worth the price difference IMO.

Its great value ,I seemed to have preferred its vibrancy compared to the estate,I'll have to try that again.
Meanwhile a wee diversion.

advertisement

Back