advertisement

Christmas Wine III

Another lovely Chardonnay not in the same league as "Cru" though.
Popped into the local wine merchants(Luvian) for an ice
cream.I don't think he was too chuffed when I pulled two bottles from the shelf with old sticker prices,saved £13 on current till price.

An early delivery from TWS couldn't resist diving in to this with lunch, delicious Chardonnay punches way above its price.

Bullet points from an article on (French) wine:
1. Wine consumption has dropped from 100 litres per person per year in 1975 to 40.
2. Younger generation eat less red meat and drink less red wine. Rosé is up to 19%.
3. 47% of all wine is drunk by those over 55.

Bullet points from an article on (French) wine:
1. Wine consumption has dropped from 100 litres per person per year in 1975 to 40.
2. Younger generation eat less red meat and drink less red wine. Rosé is up to 19%.
3. 47% of all wine is drunk by those over 55.
  1. Mine has been admirably consistent for the last 40-45 years, while my spirits and beer (bar a nightly Rochefort) consumption has dropped to pretty much zero.
  2. Whenever I’m in France I’m aware of ad campaigns from producers and merchants along the lines of ‘look at those clean, happy young people pictured on our flyer! See how they are all enjoying themselves, smiling and laughing together? Notice they are drinking rosé? Well, then…’
  3. I try to do my bit.

Well it isn't that bad ! :)
One word from you and that's it.
"not worth the extra" that's good enough for me.I had a bottle of this Siglo rioja that got hyped so I got rid of that as well.
Which leaves me £53 to the good so more Kumeu village or Tasmanian chardonnay.

One word from you and that's it.
"not worth the extra" that's good enough for me.I had a bottle of this Siglo rioja that got hyped so I got rid of that as well.
Which leaves me £53 to the good so more Kumeu village or Tasmanian chardonnay.

Well that gets you 4 bottles of Village... enjoy.

Sorry, no idea. I tend to buy it and drink it within the year, but that's because I don't buy by the case. I have some Tondonia 2008, and 2012 and I think they keep, so I'd not be in a huge rush to drink the Allende.

I don't know about you but amidst the chaos and
turmoil of this world I take comfort in the fact the @, pilgrim is out there.
An excellent wine certainly but La Nerthe CdR takes it.A wee tune.

A week ago I noticed that the amount of wine purchased and consumed since subscribing to CellarTracker was reaching a pleasing, round-numbered symmetry. Here’s the state of play as of this afternoon…

i.php

…so I decided that the 1,000th bottle to be drunk should be something a little special. I combed the L&W list and found that A Client wanted to be rid of two bottles of 2012 Catena Zapata Nicasia Vineyard Malbec. Fully mature, and at a price that didn’t offend my nominal ‘no more than a bottle of Beaucastel’ guidelines. The bottles arrived on Tuesday, and one was opened tonight.

20231019214554-2baeeb0c.jpg

And it is wonderful. Best Malbec I have tasted to date (sorry, Mattias Riccitelli.) Another nod to Beaucastel - if they made a Malbec, it would taste like this. Fresh, yet with a depth that is, er, deep. I was going to say ‘profound’, but I saw the Angel of Pretention grinning at me through the window. But still obviously plummy Malbec. Gorgeous. Thank goodness I bought two.

advertisement

Back