advertisement

Christmas whine

Christmas decorations came out in KL immediately after Deepavali and will be taken down on Boxing Day. Next year Chinese New Year is early, so the run up starts as early as possible

We try to get our decs up before Xmas eve (not always successful at that) and always take them down before we return to work after New Year’s Day. Nothing external apart from a wreath on the door, though most of our neighbours are probably visible from space.

What’s the single worst thing about the ad below?

1. It’s selling hanging rope
  2. No one in the fake photo appears to be obese
  3. Everyone in the fake photo has perfect teeth
  4. The 50/40/10 white/black/asian demo is contrived marketing at its worst
  5. $349 for a rectangular reality device actually constitutes a bargain

Reminds me of all the fuss about the girl in the Peloton ad. People are complaining because she's rich, white, and thin.

If she had been fat, then people would be complaining about body shaming - implying she needs the exercise cycle to conform to standards imposed upon her.

My main complaint with the Peloton ad is the awful Tal Bachmann song.

Not a whine, but it was nice to hear 'In Dulce Jubilo' by Mike Oldfield on R2 this morning (apart from the end being talked over).

Time to trot out this old chestnut:

hA06E20A5

Reminds me of all the fuss about the girl in the Peloton ad. People are complaining because she's rich, white, and thin.

If she had been fat, then people would be complaining about body shaming - implying she needs the exercise cycle to conform to standards imposed upon her.

My main complaint with the Peloton ad is the awful Tal Bachmann song.

That'd be a solid take if I were complaining.

advertisement

Back