advertisement

Christmas whine

@Tony Lockhart

in case you're still looking for a discreet x-mas outfit:

https://www.rosegal.com/dress-shirts/christmas-snowman-graphic-2-in-1-tuxedo-shirt-7527170.html

20190924180209_58900.jpg

I’ll still be in my dressing gown at 5pm, then thinking about going to bed. It’ll be grey and miserable outside, and that abomination in your pic won’t change that.

My christmas whine is that it's still too early for people to be whining about christmas.

My christmas whine is that it's still too early for people to be whining about christmas.

Well, quite. We have family birthdays in late November and early December, so the C word cannot be mentioned until they're out of the way, We don't get the Christmas tree until the second week of December.

Off to a good start, bought some new led lights for outside last year, they all lit up straight off the garage shelf so didn’t have to spend half a day testing every bulb till I found all the duds!

Disgruntled at being ordered to get the decorations from the shed by both the women, I opened the door and a bike I had forgotten about fell on my head. So not all bad.

It will interrupt my retirement.

I will put a few cheap lights on the lower gutter at the front. I might as well while I'm up there clearing the grass out of it. I used to put lights on the top gutter too. Sod that for a lark at 70. In all honesty, the one or two houses where they don't bother do look very mean when sorrounded by the more festive rest of us.

There are supposedly 12 days of Christmas and none of them are in November. The decorations will not go up until about the 21stDec. They will come down ASAP after the 1st Jan. That is early as the official Christian 12 days don't start until 25 Dec. If it was just me I wouldn't bother with a tree. Just a PITA and the lights give me migraines. But I like to see the Grandkids faces if they see them.

The celebrations for me start on 21 Dec when we finally reach the darkest part of the year. After that it's just a case of surviving Christmas and the new year and hoping for Spring

And I don't like Humbug...

Sooner have a Jelly Baby.

What’s the single worst thing about the ad below?

1. It’s selling hanging rope
  2. No one in the fake photo appears to be obese
  3. Everyone in the fake photo has perfect teeth
  4. The 50/40/10 white/black/asian demo is contrived marketing at its worst
  5. $349 for a rectangular reality device actually constitutes a bargain

phonegasm.jpg

I was gifted by the pop-punk muse this morning with “Another Crappy Christmas”, I already have the verse, a chorus, a refrain and middle 8, there’s a modal change with sleigh bells, church bells and one of those squeaky things you blow at parties at the end. 3m:20-22s at a guess. Time to drag the drum kit out - again.

It will be horrible, but it will be free/pay what you want.

It would be humorous if it became one of ‘those’ songs that you will want to hunt me down and kill me for writing. Like Bon Jovi’s Back Door Santa, which I was convinced was all about Railing Santa up the ass.

What’s the single worst thing about the ad below?

1. It’s selling hanging rope
  2. No one in the fake photo appears to be obese
  3. Everyone in the fake photo has perfect teeth
  4. The 50/40/10 white/black/asian demo is contrived marketing at its worst
  5. $349 for a rectangular reality device actually constitutes a bargain

phonegasm.jpg
4(b) ...and yet it’s the sole white male who has control.

advertisement

Back