advertisement

Chord Mojo suitable in static Hifi?

Moppit

pfm Member
Currently demoing a Chord Mojo and for me the difference between that and the 2Qute is marginal in terms of SQ.

I'm slightly confused about the operation of the device in a static/desktop system (ie. non-portable).

Do I need to keep unplugging and re-charging the Mojo? From what I can understand the charging circuit shuts down after becoming re-charged but does not re-engage if left plugged in. Seems a bit daft?

If anyone has used one for more than the 12 hours I've had this one I'd be interested to know if this is indeed an issue? Does this mean you cannot use it when initially re-charging?

Sorry for the odd questions but saw a very negative review on Amazon. Most of my use will be in my main system so could be a show stopper.

At the moment using a £6 3.5mm headphone to RCA cable from Asda! Yes , I will get something better....(I did ignore the £1.50 version..)

For the input using a standard Optical Digital cable from Pioneer N50 streamer to Mojo input.

Sourcing any kind of quality OTG male to male micro USB(for connecting to my android phone) or the co-ax seems somewhat of a challenge though...

Will need to read through the thread Robert provided when I have a spare afternoon...

Can't believe I'm struggling to find the right items on Ebay and Amazon!
Thanks for the link Robert. I'll watch with anticipation...
Nice to see a UK product with such a strong following in the US.

Oddly Chord supply a micro usb to standard usb in the box but this is only really of use if connecting to a laptop etc. A short stubby cable to connect to your iphone/android device would've been more relevant I guess?

Agreed, but i think their argument is they dont know if the end user has an apple device, or some random mobile phone that needs a specific "otg" cable. Iphones / iPads need a £25 apple cck cable. Hence they just put a short usb cable so at least you gave a chance at charging the thing!

Moppit, I too have a 2Qute and am wondering if I should switch to a Mojo and save myself some money.. However I plan to use it only as a USB DAC in my main system ...

How much of a difference can you make out and are you comparing sound in your headphone/main hifi system?

Well after extended listening I'm doing a complete u-turn. I made a massive balls up when first listening. I had the Pioneer plugged in, NOT the 2qute. So comparing the wrong things. Finally plugged all three items in at the same time and 2qute a clear winner. Much more clarity, crispness and space. Very noticeable. All others in my household agree too (did a blind dem).

If you can afford to, stick with the 2qute. Mojo dac closer to the pioneer dac rather than 2qute. You do get what you pay for...

The Pioneer dac sounds flat compared the the two chord dacs. Mojo better but still congested in the upper mids and top end and not a big enough upgrade for me.

I shall be renaming myself 'Muppet' in future..

Hey thanks a ton for your opinion.. But do you think the Mojo might sound a bit better when run in for about 100 hours..the 2Qute certainly started sounding better after 100 or so hours...

I think you would more likely get used to the sound. All three sound good in isolation and over time I'm sure you would accept the Mojo as being good enough. The problem for me is that the pioneer DAC is not that bad so requires more of a step up to better.

advertisement

Back