advertisement

Chord bundle

@Tony L ...I couldn't work out , although I had my suspicions , why Wenger was posting so very many inane replies to so many threads such that having been a member of the site for only 2 days he had way over 60 posts.

Then he posted this thread.

What I don't understand is how this didn't work........

https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/thr...-advertisement-guidelines-50-post-rule.99088/

It states " New members require 50 or more posts and to have been a member of the site for 90 days before they can post an advertisement thread in this area."

and a member for 90 days.

Its nothing personal agains Wenger , although I did feel his blizzard of posts to be a cynical attempt to circumnavigate the rules, but isn't the rule in place to limit the ability of scammers to infiltrate an honourable site.?

I imagine that the 50 post rule is simply applied by the software but the 90 day rule..........?

Because this is not the for sales section its interesting ebay auctions, anyone can post here from day one. As usual use your spidy sense to determine what is going on.

Because this is not the for sales section its interesting ebay auctions, anyone can post here from day one. As usual use your spidy sense to determine what is going on.

If that is the case then the guidelines need to be more specific .

They say " New members require 50 or more posts and to have been a member of the site for 90 days before they can post an advertisement thread in this area."

..."in this area "...
the Ebay links are in this area...the area referred to being Pinkish Classifeds.

A scammer would be just as happy to catch you on Ebay as in the For Sales on here and more to the point ..it is an advert. Someone on here could see the Ebay link and contact that person directly on here and the prospective scammer would have achieved their aim.Showing a link to an Ebay sale is the same as indicating that it is for sale on here surely ?

The 90 day rule is sensible as it would be beyond the patience threshold of even the most dedicated scammer we would hope.

I just wondered how the 90 day rule was applied . I didn't receive any clarification...I have said my piece and will thus hold my peace.

Last edited:
Well perhaps I am wrong but I feel like this was open because if you think about it someone could sign up tomorrow and just put a link in the audio section,

It is covered in the sticky at the top of this room. eBay links are fine as the transaction takes place far away from pfm. It also gives new members a means to advertise their items here prior to meeting our 50 post requirement as again pfm has no involvement in the sale.

That said any new account attempting to trade directly via PM etc will be deleted without comment upon detection as is the case anywhere else on the site.

They say " New members require 50 or more posts and to have been a member of the site for 90 days before they can post an advertisement thread in this area."

..."in this area "...
the Ebay links are in this area...the area referred to being Pinkish Classifeds.

A scammer would be just as happy to catch you on Ebay as in the For Sales on here and more to the point ..it is an advert. Someone on here could see the Ebay link and contact that person directly on here and the prospective scammer would have achieved their aim.Showing a link to an Ebay sale is the same as indicating that it is for sale on here surely ?

The 90 day rule is sensible as it would be beyond the patience threshold of even the most dedicated scammer we would hope.

I just wondered how the 90 day rule was applied . I didn't receive any clarification...I have said my piece and will thus hold my peace.
They lied to you. :p

..."in this area "...

By the way, is there any update on this?

See Tony's post number 9.

As a point of note the OP having got to post his link after furiously getting his post count up in two days has not posted on here since. I hope I didn't scare him off.

advertisement

Back