advertisement

Cheeky b*****ds

I got great service off Caiman with the REM vinyl Accelerate. Amazon and HMV kept me hanging on for a week or so. Switched to Caimen, got it cheaper and it arrived from the US in 4 days. Pretty much everything else I've got from them has arrived quicker than some orders from the UK.

I find HMV are the worst for "in stock in 10 days". Been waiting for a vinyl copy f Unhalfbricking for a couple of moths now. I do get an e email every few weeks asking if I want to cancel the order but it still listed as a 10 day wait.

I've had the Amazon out of stock runaround... I kept getting the 'out of stock' would you like to cancel order.. held on for months.. gave up in the end..
price changes (at least on books) have been in my favour usually and when they do have stock I've been very happy with the service, the LP posted packaging is actually very good.

Az

Lol - very true - now I just need to keep watching other new albums I want on Amazon until they finally appear at the v good prices offered by Caiman - unless they list vinyl on their website somewhere (I couldn't find vinyl when I looked).

Croco-deal indeed! :D

I ordered REM's Accelerate on vinyl with the bonus CD for £17.99 through Amazon at the start of April and was told they had temporarily run out of stock and were re-ordering.:confused:
"Fine" I thought, no problem. I have had a few updatessince then to let me know the progress of my order and there is still no sign.
That is slightly annoying but not the end of the world. However, I was browsing a few other itmes on Amazon today and placed something in my basket when a red message flashed on the top of the screen telling me that REM's Accelerate is now £40.99 and the new price is shown in my basket. I have had no email notification of a change in price. :mad:
You don't have to be a genius to work out that I cancelled the order with them and bought it elsewhere. I'm just mightily cheesed off with them for a very shoddy service. Is it just me or have other pinkfishers suffered the same problems with Amazon?

BTW - I know it's had mixed reviews and I have had time to reflect on buying it but I actually like what I've heard of it.

Cheers

Tony

Tony,

I had a very similar problem with Amazon. Ordered a book they had in their sale a few months back - advertised price £3 down from £19.99(!). Although it said 'not currently in stock but we'll being getting more in' it allowed me to place the order.

A couple of weeks later I get an email from them saying it's no longer available and they've cancelled my order. Sniffing a bit of a rat I searched for the same book on their site and sure enough find the exact same thing but at £17.99!

Feeling rather peeved about this I used their 'contact me' system (which actually worked well) and someone from Amazon rang me. After quite a bit of explaining/complaining to a chap in India he agreed to let me buy the book for the original £3. He could, of course offer no explanation as to how it had happened - strange that! I then had to go through a process of ordering the book (at £17.99) before he could then credit me with £14.99 meaning I had £3 to pay.

Anyway, it worked out but only because I complained and I think they had a b***dy nerve doing what they did in the first place.

Samantha - I've just order the Duffy album from Caiman too. It's all your fault for alerting me to such a bargain!

I've never had a problem with Caiman. Nor almost every Amazon transaction to be fair. Only snag was a German seller who said he had the Paul Weller CD with ltd edition book for a reasonable peice but soon founbd out he didn't have it in stock and of course it had been deleted. To be fair I got a refund in a matter of days.

Duffy so cheap - I'm jealous as I paid full price from a real shop! If you see Paul Weller vinyl cheap I'll go for it! (I did get Accelearate on vinyl following a recommendation on pfm)

I just need to keep watching other new albums I want on Amazon until they finally appear at the v good prices offered by Caiman
I regularly add items to my wish list and have the occasional nose through the list to see how the prices are. You can pick up a bargain this way.

I regularly add items to my wish list and have the occasional nose through the list to see how the prices are. You can pick up a bargain this way.

Good tip Rod.

I was looking at vinyl on Amazon, this morning added to my basket .....
Regina Spektor - Soviet Kitsch [VINYL] [Import] at £6.85

Had to get off to work, so left it sat so I could continue shopping tonight - gone up to £19.99 :mad:
Dohh!!! Why didn't I just order this morning!!!

Anyway, got Morrisey best of (double album) new on order from Caimen UK and Ani DiFranco - Knuckledown from Caimen USA...... both ordered tonight - wonder which will arrive first ;)

Lol - must admit, not 100% sure on that one as I never got on with his early stuff, but it has good reviews and I liked that "First of the Gang" single.

Well my post was half tongue in cheek! I could never get on with the Smiffs et al. I was a prog rock kid at the time, er and still am.

Cripes - that is funny!! Funnier still when I read yours, I wasn't sure if my hobbies were going to say EXACTLY the same thing (I used to do the bikes thing too, but gave it up for self preservation reasons)
And given your location ...... perhaps!

advertisement

Back