advertisement

Charity Shop Vinyl

Struck it lucky again with CD's in the charity shop. 30 odd relatively obscure rap CD's. Including Apollo Brown Trophies, Discogs last sold for £53. Boldy James My 1st Chemistry set, last sold for £75. Kool G Rap & DJ Polo Wanted Dead or Alive, last sold for £45. Plenty more with crazy prices.

Saying “Oxfam price too high” is too simplistic. I agree that some Oxfam record pricers get it wrong, but many get it right. The point is that the people who list records for Oxfam Online (of whom I am one) comprise 100s of volunteers. I check the vinyl listings several times every day and the desirable items are either priced right or too low, because they sell in minutes. The records that hang around are either priced too high or are too common/obscure/undesirable.

It’s the same in the Oxfam shops. Most people go straight to the rock section and it’s difficult to keep that stocked because it flies off the shelves. If we could get more jazz, that would fly as well.

Just had a good look through the oxfam online shop.
I stick by what I said initially - the prices are high.

Also £4 to post a c.d. is rather expensive.

Not a charity shop, but I was given a huge pile of vinyl today, some of which is interesting. Lots of Jazz including some Coltrane, mostly early US and Canadian pressings. Sleeves not great but vinyl excellent. Becasue it was free I didn't check the condition which was a mistake, some have the wrong record in the sleeve - I bet some of what I thought I had are still at her house in the wrong sleeves.

advertisement

Back