advertisement

Cervical myelitis: anybody else here has it?

Yes there is a link , bladder problems are common with any nerve problems in the spine . Many paralysed folks have to self catheterise . Also if limbs affected by poor movement they can get dvts . It's all interlinked

So you have cervical myelitis, bladder problems and DVT, is that right? Are the doctors making some kind of connection between these conditions?
Anyway, sympathies et bon courage pour la semaine.

Hi Bela,
Thanks for your message.
My bladder is fine after all (20 grammes), although I can't pee normally. I had a brain stroke back in 2017 (CVT) so I might have a condition. Perhaps it's hereditary, but my grandfather is unknown and my dad died before 40 in a car crash.
As for the miction problem, it might well be related to the myelitis indeed. Another MRI is on its way: this time a brain one. Hope it's not MS.
But as you say, there might just be a common factor.
I am a bit crippled, but I feel fine!

Yes there is a link , bladder problems are common with any nerve problems in the spine . Many paralysed folks have to self catheterise . Also if limbs affected by poor movement they can get dvts . It's all interlinked
I've read a lot of stuff on the web, mainly serious med uni articles (NOT health fora which I hate) so yes, it's a possibility.

Hi,
Update.
The pain is quite something, especially at night.
I can’t walk or drive easily.
The angiologist I saw yesterday found 4 clots in four different veins in my left calf, no less!
The condition is called DVT: deep vein thrombosis.
I’ve been taking heparin for three days and the pain is still here… so are the clots!
Next appointment Monday and blood draw for extensive testing tomorrow.
There, a nasty thing this.
All the best.
Hope for improvements all round

advertisement

Back